Computer & Information Sciences at Central Connecticut State University
Jump to any of the following sections:
Computer & Information Sciences Degrees Available at CCSU
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer & Information Sciences
- Master’s Degree in Computer & Information Sciences
CCSU Computer & Information Sciences Rankings
The bachelor's program at CCSU was ranked #288 on College Factual's Best Schools for computer and information sciences list. It is also ranked #8 in Connecticut.
|Best Colleges for Computer & Information Sciences||288|
|Best Value Colleges for Computer & Information Sciences||333|
|Most Focused Colleges for Computer & Information Sciences||582|
Popularity of Computer & Information Sciences at CCSU
During the 2017-2018 academic year, Central Connecticut State University handed out 79 bachelor's degrees in computer and information sciences. Due to this, the school was ranked #279 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is an increase of 5% over the previous year when 75 degrees were handed out.
In 2018, 23 students received their master’s degree in computer and information sciences from CCSU. This makes it the #300 most popular school for computer and information sciences master’s degree candidates in the country.
CCSU Computer & Information Sciences Students
Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the computer and information sciences majors at Central Connecticut State University.
CCSU Computer & Information Sciences Bachelor’s Program
The computer and information sciences program at CCSU awarded 79 bachelor's degrees in 2017-2018. About 84% of these degrees went to men with the other 16% going to women.
The majority of the students with this major are white. About 62% of 2018 graduates were in this category.
The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Central Connecticut State University with a bachelor's in computer and information sciences.
|Ethnic Background||Number of Students|
|Black or African American||9|
|Hispanic or Latino||7|
CCSU Computer & Information Sciences Master’s Program
Of the 23 students who graduated with a Master’s in computer and information sciences from CCSU in 2018, 43% were men and 57% were women.
The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Central Connecticut State University with a master's in computer and information sciences.
|Ethnic Background||Number of Students|
|Black or African American||1|
|Hispanic or Latino||0|
Areas of Concentration for Computer & Information Sciences
Computer and Information Sciences students may decide to concentrate in one of the following focus areas. Individual focus areas may not be available for all degree levels.
|Computer Information Systems||76|
|Computer Software & Applications||2|
Most Popular Related Majors
|Related Major||Annual Graduates|
|Biological & Biomedical Sciences||143|
|Mathematics & Statistics||52|
|Request Info||Southern New Hampshire University You have goals. Southern New Hampshire University can help you get there. Whether you need a bachelor's degree to get into a career or want a master's degree to move up in your current career, SNHU has an online program for you. Find your degree from over 200 online programs. Learn More >|
|Request Info||Purdue University Building on Purdue’s mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Global delivers a fully personalized online experience that’s tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from the prestigious Purdue University system—completely online. Learn More >|
|Request Info||Grand Canyon University (GCU) With a spotlight on intellectual creativity and innovation for the 21stcentury, the College of Humanities and Social Sciences at GCU provides a job focused education. It blends the study of traditional humanities in a modern context. Through academic inquiry and beyond the box thinking, the college advances our society and its accomplishments. Learn More >|
|Request Info||Northcentral University Northcentral University (NCU) was founded to provide accessible, high-quality, online graduate degrees to working professionals. As a regionally accredited, online university, NCU serves students worldwide, focusing on Doctoral and Master's degree programs in the Schools of Business and Technology Management, Education, Psychology, and Marriage and Family Sciences. Learn More >|
|Request Info||Colorado Technical University (CTU) CTU could help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional community, faculty who are real-world professionals, and innovative technology. Learn More >|