Anthropology at Central Washington Universitysocial sciences program at Central Washington University.
Here, you'll find out more about the major, including such details as the number of graduates, what degree levels are offered, ethnicity of students, average salaries, and more. Also, learn how CWU ranks among other schools offering degrees in anthropology.
Go directly to any of the following sections:
Anthropology Degrees Available at CWU
- Certificate (Less Than 1 Year) in Anthropology
- Bachelor’s Degree in Anthropology
CWU Anthropology Rankings
|Best Value Colleges for Anthropology||160|
|Best Colleges for Anthropology||222|
Popularity of Anthropology at CWU
During the 2017-2018 academic year, Central Washington University handed out 24 bachelor's degrees in anthropology. Due to this, the school was ranked #96 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is a decrease of 14% over the previous year when 28 degrees were handed out.
How Much Do Anthropology Graduates from CWU Make?
Salary of Anthropology Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree
The median salary of anthropology students who receive their bachelor's degree at CWU is $22,400. Unfortunately, this is lower than the national average of $23,750 for all anthropology students.
How Much Student Debt Do Anthropology Graduates from CWU Have?
Student Debt of Anthropology Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree
While getting their bachelor's degree at CWU, anthropology students borrow a median amount of $23,950 in student loans. This is higher than the the typical median of $22,752 for all anthropology majors across the country.
The typical student loan payment of a bachelor's degree student from the anthropology program at CWU is $249 per month.
Anthropology Student Diversity at CWU
Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the anthropology majors at Central Washington University.
CWU Anthropology Bachelor’s Program
The anthropology program at CWU awarded 24 bachelor's degrees in 2017-2018. About 29% of these degrees went to men with the other 71% going to women.
The majority of the students with this major are white. About 71% of 2018 graduates were in this category.
The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Central Washington University with a bachelor's in anthropology.
|Ethnic Background||Number of Students|
|Black or African American||1|
|Hispanic or Latino||1|
Areas of Concentration for Anthropology
Anthropology students may decide to concentrate in one of the following focus areas. Individual focus areas may not be available for all degree levels.
Most Popular Majors Related to Anthropology
|Related Major||Annual Graduates|
|General Social Sciences||107|
|Geography & Cartography||28|
|Political Science & Government||22|
|Request Info||Southern New Hampshire University You have goals. Southern New Hampshire University can help you get there. Whether you need a bachelor's degree to get into a career or want a master's degree to move up in your current career, SNHU has an online program for you. Find your degree from over 200 online programs. Learn More >|
|Request Info||Purdue University Building on Purdue’s mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Global delivers a fully personalized online experience that’s tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from the prestigious Purdue University system—completely online. Learn More >|
|Request Info||Grand Canyon University (GCU) With a spotlight on intellectual creativity and innovation for the 21stcentury, the College of Humanities and Social Sciences at GCU provides a job focused education. It blends the study of traditional humanities in a modern context. Through academic inquiry and beyond the box thinking, the college advances our society and its accomplishments. Learn More >|
|Request Info||Northcentral University Northcentral University (NCU) was founded to provide accessible, high-quality, online graduate degrees to working professionals. As a regionally accredited, online university, NCU serves students worldwide, focusing on Doctoral and Master's degree programs in the Schools of Business and Technology Management, Education, Psychology, and Marriage and Family Sciences. Learn More >|
|Request Info||Colorado Technical University (CTU) CTU could help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional community, faculty who are real-world professionals, and innovative technology. Learn More >|