Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

General Social Sciences at Central Washington University

Find Schools Near

General Social Sciences at Central Washington University

General Social Sciences is one of the majors in the social sciences program at Central Washington University.

We've pulled together some essential information you should know about the program, including how many students graduate each year, the ethnic diversity of these students, average starting salaries, and more. We've also included details on how CWU ranks compared to other colleges offering a major in social sciences.

Jump to any of the following sections:

General Social Sciences Degrees Available at CWU

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences

CWU Social Sciences Rankings

The social sciences major at CWU is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for General Social Sciences. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Popular Online General Social Sciences Schools 6
Most Focused Colleges for General Social Sciences 33

Popularity of Social Sciences at CWU

During the 2017-2018 academic year, Central Washington University handed out 107 bachelor's degrees in general social sciences. Due to this, the school was ranked #14 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is a decrease of 21% over the previous year when 135 degrees were handed out.

How Much Do Social Sciences Graduates from CWU Make?

Salary of Social Sciences Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

Social Sciences majors who earn their bachelor's degree from CWU go on to jobs where they make a median salary of $36,400 a year. This is higher than $30,800, which is the national median for all social sciences bachelor's degree recipients.

undefined

How Much Student Debt Do Social Sciences Graduates from CWU Have?

Student Debt of Social Sciences Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

While getting their bachelor's degree at CWU, social sciences students borrow a median amount of $21,453 in student loans. This is not too bad considering that the median debt load of all social sciences bachelor's degree recipients across the country is $22,700.

undefined

The typical student loan payment of a bachelor's degree student from the social sciences program at CWU is $223 per month.

Social Sciences Student Diversity at CWU

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the social sciences majors at Central Washington University.

CWU General Social Sciences Bachelor’s Program

In the 2017-2018 academic year, 107 students earned a bachelor's degree in social sciences from CWU. About 76% of these graduates were women and the other 24% were men.

CWU Gender Breakdown of General Social Sciences Bachelor's Degree Grads

The majority of the students with this major are white. About 53% of 2018 graduates were in this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Central Washington University with a bachelor's in social sciences.

Ethnic Diversity of General Social Sciences Majors at Central Washington University
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 2
Black or African American 8
Hispanic or Latino 18
White 57
Non-Resident Aliens 3
Other Races 19

Areas of Concentration for Social Sciences

General Social Sciences students may decide to concentrate in one of the following focus areas. Individual focus areas may not be available for all degree levels.

Concentration Annual Graduates
General Social Sciences 107

Related Major Annual Graduates
Anthropology 46
Sociology 46
Geography & Cartography 28
Political Science & Government 22
Economics 14

View All General Social Sciences Related Majors >

References

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You