Geography & Cartography at Central Washington Universitysocial sciences program at Central Washington University.
Here, you'll find out more about the major, including such details as the number of graduates, what degree levels are offered, ethnicity of students, average salaries, and more. We've also included details on how CWU ranks compared to other colleges offering a major in geography.
Jump to any of the following sections:
Geography & Cartography Degrees Available at CWU
- Bachelor’s Degree in Geography
CWU Geography Rankings
|Best Geography & Cartography Colleges for Non-Traditional Students||83|
Popularity of Geography at CWU
During the 2017-2018 academic year, Central Washington University handed out 28 bachelor's degrees in geography and cartography. Due to this, the school was ranked #95 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is an increase of 56% over the previous year when 18 degrees were handed out.
How Much Do Geography Graduates from CWU Make?
Salary of Geography Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree
Geography majors who earn their bachelor's degree from CWU go on to jobs where they make a median salary of $32,900 a year. This is great news for graduates of the program, since this figure is higher than the national average of $32,500 for all geography bachelor's degree recipients.
How Much Student Debt Do Geography Graduates from CWU Have?
Student Debt of Geography Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree
While getting their bachelor's degree at CWU, geography students borrow a median amount of $19,534 in student loans. This is not too bad considering that the median debt load of all geography bachelor's degree recipients across the country is $22,418.
The typical student loan payment of a bachelor's degree student from the geography program at CWU is $203 per month.
Geography Student Diversity at CWU
Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the geography majors at Central Washington University.
CWU Geography & Cartography Bachelor’s Program
The geography program at CWU awarded 28 bachelor's degrees in 2017-2018. About 64% of these degrees went to men with the other 36% going to women.
The majority of the students with this major are white. About 86% of 2018 graduates were in this category.
The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Central Washington University with a bachelor's in geography.
|Ethnic Background||Number of Students|
|Black or African American||0|
|Hispanic or Latino||1|
Areas of Concentration for Geography
Geography and Cartography students may decide to concentrate in one of the following focus areas. Individual focus areas may not be available for all degree levels.
|Geographic Information Science||4|
Most Popular Related Majors
|Related Major||Annual Graduates|
|General Social Sciences||107|
|Political Science & Government||22|
|Request Info||Southern New Hampshire University You have goals. Southern New Hampshire University can help you get there. Whether you need a bachelor's degree to get into a career or want a master's degree to move up in your current career, SNHU has an online program for you. Find your degree from over 200 online programs. Learn More >|
|Request Info||Purdue University Building on Purdue’s mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Global delivers a fully personalized online experience that’s tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from the prestigious Purdue University system—completely online. Learn More >|
|Request Info||Grand Canyon University (GCU) With a spotlight on intellectual creativity and innovation for the 21stcentury, the College of Humanities and Social Sciences at GCU provides a job focused education. It blends the study of traditional humanities in a modern context. Through academic inquiry and beyond the box thinking, the college advances our society and its accomplishments. Learn More >|
|Request Info||Northcentral University Northcentral University (NCU) was founded to provide accessible, high-quality, online graduate degrees to working professionals. As a regionally accredited, online university, NCU serves students worldwide, focusing on Doctoral and Master's degree programs in the Schools of Business and Technology Management, Education, Psychology, and Marriage and Family Sciences. Learn More >|
|Request Info||Colorado Technical University (CTU) CTU could help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional community, faculty who are real-world professionals, and innovative technology. Learn More >|