Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Microbiology at Clemson University

Find Schools Near

Microbiology at Clemson University

Microbiology is one of the concentrations for the microbiological sciences & immunology major at Clemson University.

We've gathered data and other essential information about the program, such as the ethnicity of students, how many students graduated in recent times, and more. We've also included details on how Clemson ranks compared to other colleges offering a major in microbiology.

Jump to any of the following sections:

Microbiology Degrees Available at Clemson

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Microbiology
  • Master’s Degree in Microbiology
  • Doctorate Degree in Microbiology

Clemson Microbiology Rankings

The microbiology major at Clemson is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Microbiology. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Popularity of Microbiology at Clemson

During the 2017-2018 academic year, Clemson University handed out 65 bachelor's degrees in microbiology. This is an increase of 35% over the previous year when 48 degrees were handed out.

In 2018, 1 students received their master’s degree in microbiology from Clemson. This makes it the #32 most popular school for microbiology master’s degree candidates in the country.

In addition, 2 students received their doctoral degrees in microbiology in 2018, making the school the #28 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

Clemson Microbiology Students

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the microbiology majors at Clemson University.

Clemson Microbiology Bachelor’s Program

In the 2017-2018 academic year, 65 students earned a bachelor's degree in microbiology from Clemson. About 60% of these graduates were women and the other 40% were men.

Clemson Gender Breakdown of Microbiology Bachelor's Degree Grads

The majority of bachelor's degree recipients in this major at Clemson are white. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 74% of students fell into this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Clemson University with a bachelor's in microbiology.

Ethnic Diversity of Microbiology Majors at Clemson University
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 5
Black or African American 4
Hispanic or Latino 4
White 48
Non-Resident Aliens 0
Other Races 4

Clemson Microbiology Master’s Program

All of the 1 students who graduated with a Master’s in microbiology from Clemson in 2018 were women.

Clemson Gender Breakdown of Microbiology Master's Degree Grads

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Clemson University with a master's in microbiology.

Ethnic Diversity of Microbiology Majors at Clemson University
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 0
Non-Resident Aliens 1
Other Races 0

References

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You