Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Forestry at Clemson University

Find Schools Near

Forestry at Clemson University

Forestry is one of the majors in the natural resources & conservation program at Clemson University.

Here, you'll find out more about the major, including such details as the number of graduates, what degree levels are offered, ethnicity of students, and more. We've also included details on how Clemson ranks compared to other colleges offering a major in forestry.

Jump to any of the following sections:

Forestry Degrees Available at Clemson

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Forestry
  • Master’s Degree in Forestry
  • Doctorate Degree in Forestry

Clemson Forestry Rankings

The bachelor's program at Clemson was ranked #12 on College Factual's Best Schools for forestry list. It is also ranked #1 in South Carolina.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Colleges for Forestry 12
Best Forestry Colleges for Veterans 14
Best Forestry Colleges for Non-Traditional Students 15
Highest Paid Forestry Graduates 22
Most Focused Colleges for Forestry 37

Popularity of Forestry at Clemson

During the 2017-2018 academic year, Clemson University handed out 25 bachelor's degrees in forestry. Due to this, the school was ranked #26 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is an increase of 39% over the previous year when 18 degrees were handed out.

In 2018, 2 students received their master’s degree in forestry from Clemson. This makes it the #26 most popular school for forestry master’s degree candidates in the country.

In addition, 2 students received their doctoral degrees in forestry in 2018, making the school the #15 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

How Much Student Debt Do Forestry Graduates from Clemson Have?

Student Debt of Forestry Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

While getting their bachelor's degree at Clemson, forestry students borrow a median amount of $27,000 in student loans. This is higher than the the typical median of $22,500 for all forestry majors across the country.

undefined

The typical student loan payment of a bachelor's degree student from the forestry program at Clemson is $280 per month.

Forestry Student Diversity at Clemson

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the forestry majors at Clemson University.

Clemson Forestry Bachelor’s Program

In the 2017-2018 academic year, 25 students earned a bachelor's degree in forestry from Clemson. About 4% of these graduates were women and the other 96% were men.

Clemson Gender Breakdown of Forestry Bachelor's Degree Grads

The majority of the students with this major are white. About 100% of 2018 graduates were in this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Clemson University with a bachelor's in forestry.

Ethnic Diversity of Forestry Majors at Clemson University
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 25
Non-Resident Aliens 0
Other Races 0

Clemson Forestry Master’s Program

The forestry program at Clemson awarded 2 master's degrees in 2017-2018. About 50% of these degrees went to men with the other 50% going to women.

Clemson Gender Breakdown of Forestry Master's Degree Grads

The majority of the students with this major are white. About 100% of 2018 graduates were in this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Clemson University with a master's in forestry.

Ethnic Diversity of Forestry Majors at Clemson University
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 2
Non-Resident Aliens 0
Other Races 0

Areas of Concentration for Forestry

Forestry students may decide to concentrate in one of the following focus areas. Individual focus areas may not be available for all degree levels.

Concentration Annual Graduates
Forest Management/Forest Resources Management 25
Forest Sciences & Biology 4

Related Major Annual Graduates
Natural Resources Conservation 32
Wildlife Management 2

View All Forestry Related Majors >

References

Find Schools Near You