Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Communication & Journalism at CUNY Brooklyn College

Find Schools Near

Communication & Journalism at CUNY Brooklyn College

We've pulled together some essential information you should know about the program, including how many students graduate each year, the ethnic diversity of these students, and more. In addition, we cover how Brooklyn ranks in comparison to other schools with communication and journalism programs.

Go directly to any of the following sections:

Communication & Journalism Degrees Available at Brooklyn

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Communication & Journalism
  • Master’s Degree in Communication & Journalism

Brooklyn Communication & Journalism Rankings

The bachelor's program at Brooklyn was ranked #176 on College Factual's Best Schools for communication and journalism list. It is also ranked #23 in New York.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Communication & Journalism Colleges for Non-Traditional Students 161
Most Popular Colleges for Communication & Journalism 169
Highest Paid Communication & Journalism Graduates 378
Most Focused Colleges for Communication & Journalism 393

Popularity of Communication & Journalism at Brooklyn

During the 2017-2018 academic year, CUNY Brooklyn College handed out 160 bachelor's degrees in communication and journalism. Due to this, the school was ranked #169 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is a decrease of 2% over the previous year when 164 degrees were handed out.

In 2018, 13 students received their master’s degree in communication and journalism from Brooklyn. This makes it the #171 most popular school for communication and journalism master’s degree candidates in the country.

Communication & Journalism Student Diversity at Brooklyn

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the communication and journalism majors at CUNY Brooklyn College.

Brooklyn Communication & Journalism Bachelor’s Program

In the 2017-2018 academic year, 160 students earned a bachelor's degree in communication and journalism from Brooklyn. About 66% of these graduates were women and the other 34% were men.

Brooklyn Gender Breakdown of Communication & Journalism Bachelor's Degree Grads

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from CUNY Brooklyn College with a bachelor's in communication and journalism.

Ethnic Diversity of Communication & Journalism Majors at CUNY Brooklyn College
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 5
Black or African American 57
Hispanic or Latino 52
White 30
Non-Resident Aliens 10
Other Races 6

Brooklyn Communication & Journalism Master’s Program

Of the 13 students who earned a master's degree in Communication & Journalism from Brooklyn in 2017-2018, 46% were men and 54% were women.

Brooklyn Gender Breakdown of Communication & Journalism Master's Degree Grads

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from CUNY Brooklyn College with a master's in communication and journalism.

Ethnic Diversity of Communication & Journalism Majors at CUNY Brooklyn College
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 2
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 6
White 3
Non-Resident Aliens 2
Other Races 0

Areas of Concentration for Communication & Journalism

Communication and Journalism students may decide to concentrate in one of the following focus areas. Individual focus areas may not be available for all degree levels.

Concentration Annual Graduates
Radio, Television & Digital Communication 76
Communication & Media Studies 58
Journalism 39

Related Major Annual Graduates
Education 743
Psychology 641
Social Sciences 117
Area, Ethnic, Culture, & Gender Studies 99
History 44

View All Communication & Journalism Related Majors >

References

Find Schools Near You