All About Academics
What's the point of going to college without academics? Find out more about the faculty and staff, what majors and fields of study are offered at this college, and information on online classes if offered. Here are some of the things you'll learn in this section.
- The student to faculty (instructor) ratio.
- The Majors offered at this college.
- What online and distance learning options are available.
The total number of instructional staff teaching the 31,039 undergraduate students at Excelsior College is 985. When this is adjusted to account for those with part-time status, the result is the "full-time equivalent" (FTE) count. Using the FTE count for students and staff results in a "student to instructor" ratio of 17 to 1 which makes Excelsior College worse than the typical college regarding instructional attention.
|For every instructor (FTE) at Excelsior College, there are 17 undergraduate students (FTE). This ratio is worse than the typical college concerning instructional attention.|
|None of the instructors are full-time.|
All of the 985 instructors are "lecturers" rather than "faculty".
The Most Popular Majors Students Choose
Excelsior College offers 53 distinct undergraduate degrees, concentrated into 42 majors within 19 broad fields of study. Across all fields of study, Excelsior College awarded 4,561 undergraduate degrees in 2017 - 2018.
|Most Popular Majors||Associates Graduations||Bachelors Graduations||All Graduations|
|Liberal Arts General Studies||249||1,543||1,792|
|Business Administration & Management||276||211||487|
|Nuclear Engineering Technology||0||219||219|
Additional Questions to Ask
- Are you looking for a lot of flexibility? Does this college offer online or summer classes that might help you finish your degree?
- Interested in graduate school? How many students from this college go on to achieve additional degrees?
- Will a degree from this school land you a job? How many graduates were employed full time a year after graduating?