Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Music at Georgia State University

Find Schools Near

Music at Georgia State University

Music is one of the majors in the visual & performing arts program at Georgia State University.

We've gathered data and other essential information about the program, such as the average salary of graduates, ethnicity of students, how many students graduated in recent times, and more. In addition, we cover how Georgia State ranks in comparison to other schools with music programs.

Go directly to any of the following sections:

Music Degrees Available at Georgia State

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Music
  • Master’s Degree in Music

Georgia State Music Rankings

The bachelor's program at Georgia State was ranked #48 on College Factual's Best Schools for music list. It is also ranked #2 in Georgia.

Ranking Type Rank
Highest Paid Music Graduates 14
Best Music Colleges for Veterans 25
Best Music Colleges for Non-Traditional Students 33
Best Colleges for Music 48
Best Value Colleges for Music 60
Most Popular Colleges for Music 72
Most Focused Colleges for Music 513

Popularity of Music at Georgia State

During the 2018-2019 academic year, Georgia State University handed out 49 bachelor's degrees in music. Due to this, the school was ranked #72 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is an increase of 53% over the previous year when 32 degrees were handed out.

In 2019, 30 students received their master’s degree in music from Georgia State. This makes it the #50 most popular school for music master’s degree candidates in the country.

How Much Do Music Graduates from Georgia State Make?

Salary of Music Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

The median salary of music students who receive their bachelor's degree at Georgia State is $36,900. This is higher than $22,900, which is the national median for all music bachelor's degree recipients.

undefined

Salary of Music Graduates with a Master's Degree

Music majors graduating with a master's degree from Georgia State make a median salary of $27,500 a year. This is a better than average outcome since the median salary for all music graduates with a master's is $24,400.

undefined

How Much Student Debt Do Music Graduates from Georgia State Have?

Student Debt of Music Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

While getting their bachelor's degree at Georgia State, music students borrow a median amount of $28,000 in student loans. This is higher than the the typical median of $25,500 for all music majors across the country.

undefined

The typical student loan payment of a bachelor's degree student from the music program at Georgia State is $291 per month.

Student Debt of Music Graduates with a Master's Degree

At Georgia State, a typical music student working on their master's degree borrrows about $34,765 in student loans. This means that these borrowers may have an easier time paying back their loans thatn the typical music graduate who borrows a median amount of $38,250.

undefined

Those master's students from Georgia State on a 10-year student debt repayment plan end up paying a median amount of $405 per month.

Music Student Diversity at Georgia State

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the music majors at Georgia State University.

Georgia State Music Bachelor’s Program

During the 2018-2019 academic year, 49 students graduated with a bachelor's degree in music from Georgia State. About 71% were men and 29% were women.

undefined

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Georgia State University with a bachelor's in music.

undefined
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 6
Black or African American 14
Hispanic or Latino 6
White 21
Non-Resident Aliens 0
Other Races 2

Georgia State Music Master’s Program

The music program at Georgia State awarded 30 master's degrees in 2018-2019. About 63% of these degrees went to men with the other 37% going to women.

undefined

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Georgia State University with a master's in music.

undefined
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 2
Black or African American 2
Hispanic or Latino 2
White 14
Non-Resident Aliens 9
Other Races 1

Related Major Annual Graduates
Film, Video & Photographic Arts 189
Fine & Studio Arts 162

View All Music Related Majors >

References

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You