Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Education at Hastings College

Find Schools Near

Education at Hastings College

Here, you'll find out more about the major, including such details as the number of graduates, what degree levels are offered, ethnicity of students, and more. In addition, we cover how Hastings ranks in comparison to other schools with education programs.

Go directly to any of the following sections:

Education Degrees Available at Hastings

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Education
  • Master’s Degree in Education

Hastings Education Rankings

Hastings was ranked #55 on College Factual's most recent list of the best schools for education majors. This puts the bachelor's program at the school solidly in the top 15% of all colleges and universities in the country. It is also ranked #2 in Nebraska.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Value Colleges for Education 2
Best Education Colleges for Veterans 34
Best Colleges for Education 55
Most Focused Colleges for Education 77
Highest Paid Education Graduates 264
Most Popular Colleges for Education 412

Popularity of Education at Hastings

During the 2017-2018 academic year, Hastings College handed out 39 bachelor's degrees in education. Due to this, the school was ranked #412 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is a decrease of 34% over the previous year when 59 degrees were handed out.

In 2018, 13 students received their master’s degree in education from Hastings. This makes it the #978 most popular school for education master’s degree candidates in the country.

Education Student Diversity at Hastings

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the education majors at Hastings College.

Hastings Education Bachelor’s Program

Of the 39 education students who graduated with a bachelor's degree in 2017-2018 from Hastings, about 38% were men and 62% were women.

Hastings Gender Breakdown of Education Bachelor's Degree Grads

The majority of the students with this major are white. About 95% of 2018 graduates were in this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Hastings College with a bachelor's in education.

Ethnic Diversity of Education Majors at Hastings College
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 1
White 37
Non-Resident Aliens 0
Other Races 1

Hastings Education Master’s Program

In the 2017-2018 academic year, 13 students earned a master's degree in education from Hastings. About 31% of these graduates were women and the other 69% were men.

Hastings Gender Breakdown of Education Master's Degree Grads

The majority of the students with this major are white. About 92% of 2018 graduates were in this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Hastings College with a master's in education.

Ethnic Diversity of Education Majors at Hastings College
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 1
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 12
Non-Resident Aliens 0
Other Races 0

Areas of Concentration for Education

Education students may decide to concentrate in one of the following focus areas. Individual focus areas may not be available for all degree levels.

Concentration Annual Graduates
Teacher Education Subject Specific 26
Teacher Education Grade Specific 15
Special Education 9
General Education 1
Teaching English or French 1

Related Major Annual Graduates
Social Sciences 43
Psychology 23
Communication & Journalism 16
History 11

View All Education Related Majors >

References

Find Schools Near You