Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Forestry at Michigan Technological University

Find Schools Near

Forestry at Michigan Technological University

The Forestry major is part of the natural resources & conservation program at Michigan Technological University.

We've gathered data and other essential information about the program, such as the average salary of graduates, ethnicity of students, how many students graduated in recent times, and more. Also, learn how Michigan Tech ranks among other schools offering degrees in forestry.

Jump to any of the following sections:

Featured Forestry Programs

Learn about start dates, transferring credits, availability of financial aid, and more by contacting the universities below.

ADVERTISEMENT

Forestry Degrees Available at Michigan Tech

Michigan Tech Forestry Rankings

The bachelor's program at Michigan Tech was ranked #13 on College Factual's Best Schools for forestry list. It is also ranked #1 in Michigan.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Focused Doctor’s Degree Colleges for Forestry 2
Best Value Doctor’s Degree Colleges for Forestry 2
Most Focused Master’s Degree Colleges for Forestry 2
Most Popular Doctor’s Degree Colleges for Forestry 4
Best Value Master’s Degree Colleges for Forestry 4
Most Popular Master’s Degree Colleges for Forestry 5
Best Forestry Bachelor’s Degree Schools 8
Best Forestry Doctor’s Degree Schools 8
Most Focused Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Forestry 9
Best Forestry Master’s Degree Schools 10
Most Popular Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Forestry 22
Best Value Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Forestry 30

Popularity of Forestry at Michigan Tech

During the 2019-2020 academic year, Michigan Technological University handed out 21 bachelor's degrees in forestry. Due to this, the school was ranked #13 in popularity out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is a decrease of 5% over the previous year when 22 degrees were handed out.

In 2020, 13 students received their master’s degree in forestry from Michigan Tech. This makes it the #9 most popular school for forestry master’s degree candidates in the country.

In addition, 1 students received their doctoral degrees in forestry in 2020, making the school the #16 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

How Much Do Forestry Graduates from Michigan Tech Make?

Salary of Forestry Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

The median salary of forestry students who receive their bachelor's degree at Michigan Tech is $38,600. This is higher than $34,900, which is the national median for all forestry bachelor's degree recipients.

undefined

How Much Student Debt Do Forestry Graduates from Michigan Tech Have?

Student Debt of Forestry Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

While getting their bachelor's degree at Michigan Tech, forestry students borrow a median amount of $19,500 in student loans. This is not too bad considering that the median debt load of all forestry bachelor's degree recipients across the country is $22,500.

undefined

The typical student loan payment of a bachelor's degree student from the forestry program at Michigan Tech is $202 per month.

Michigan Tech Forestry Students

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the forestry majors at Michigan Technological University.

Michigan Tech Forestry Bachelor’s Program

During the 2019-2020 academic year, 21 forestry majors earned their bachelor's degree from Michigan Tech. Of these graduates, 71% were men and 29% were women.

undefined

The majority of bachelor's degree recipients in this major at Michigan Tech are white. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 90% of students fell into this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Michigan Technological University with a bachelor's in forestry.

undefined
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 19
Non-Resident Aliens 0
Other Races 2

Michigan Tech Forestry Master’s Program

In the 2019-2020 academic year, 15 students earned a master's degree in forestry from Michigan Tech. About 27% of these graduates were women and the other 73% were men.

undefined

The majority of master's degree recipients in this major at Michigan Tech are white. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 80% of students fell into this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Michigan Technological University with a master's in forestry.

undefined
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 1
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 12
Non-Resident Aliens 1
Other Races 1

Related Major Annual Graduates
Natural Resources Conservation 10
Wildlife Management 10

View All Forestry Related Majors >

References

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You