Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Communication & Journalism at Montana State University - Billings

Find Schools Near

Communication & Journalism at Montana State University - Billings

Here, you'll find out more about the major, including such details as the number of graduates, what degree levels are offered, ethnicity of students, and more. We've also included details on how Montana State University - Billings ranks compared to other colleges offering a major in communication and journalism.

Go directly to any of the following sections:

Communication & Journalism Degrees Available at Montana State University - Billings

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Communication & Journalism
  • Master’s Degree in Communication & Journalism

Montana State University - Billings Communication & Journalism Rankings

The communication and journalism major at Montana State University - Billings is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Communication & Journalism. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Popular Online Communication & Journalism Schools 111
Highest Paid Communication & Journalism Graduates 360
Most Popular Colleges for Communication & Journalism 970
Most Focused Colleges for Communication & Journalism 1,087

Popularity of Communication & Journalism at Montana State University - Billings

During the 2018-2019 academic year, Montana State University - Billings handed out 13 bachelor's degrees in communication and journalism. Due to this, the school was ranked #970 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is a decrease of 41% over the previous year when 22 degrees were handed out.

In 2019, 9 students received their master’s degree in communication and journalism from Montana State University - Billings. This makes it the #232 most popular school for communication and journalism master’s degree candidates in the country.

Montana State University - Billings Communication & Journalism Students

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the communication and journalism majors at Montana State University - Billings.

Montana State University - Billings Communication & Journalism Bachelor’s Program

In the 2018-2019 academic year, 13 students earned a bachelor's degree in communication and journalism from Montana State University - Billings. About 77% of these graduates were women and the other 23% were men.

Montana State University - Billings Gender Breakdown of Communication & Journalism Bachelor's Degree Grads

The majority of bachelor's degree recipients in this major at Montana State University - Billings are white. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 92% of students fell into this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Montana State University - Billings with a bachelor's in communication and journalism.

Ethnic Diversity of Communication & Journalism Majors at Montana State University - Billings
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 12
Non-Resident Aliens 0
Other Races 1

Montana State University - Billings Communication & Journalism Master’s Program

Of the 9 communication and journalism students who graduated with a master's degree in 2018-2019 from Montana State University - Billings, about 44% were men and 56% were women.

Montana State University - Billings Gender Breakdown of Communication & Journalism Master's Degree Grads

The majority of master's degree recipients in this major at Montana State University - Billings are white. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 78% of students fell into this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Montana State University - Billings with a master's in communication and journalism.

Ethnic Diversity of Communication & Journalism Majors at Montana State University - Billings
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 7
Non-Resident Aliens 1
Other Races 1

Communication & Journalism Majors

Communication and Journalism students may decide to major in one of the following focus areas. Individual majors may not be available for all degree levels.

Major Annual Graduates
Public Relations & Advertising 18
Communication & Media Studies 4

Related Major Annual Graduates
Education 132
Psychology 38
Social Sciences 13
History 6

View All Communication & Journalism Related Majors >

References

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You