Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

General Psychology at Mount Mercy University

Find Schools Near

General Psychology at Mount Mercy University

General Psychology is one of the majors in the psychology program at Mount Mercy University.

We've gathered data and other essential information about the program, such as the ethnicity of students, how many students graduated in recent times, and more. Also, learn how Mount Mercy ranks among other schools offering degrees in psychology.

Go directly to any of the following sections:

General Psychology Degrees Available at Mount Mercy

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology

Mount Mercy Psychology Rankings

The bachelor's program at Mount Mercy was ranked #500 on College Factual's Best Schools for psychology list. It is also ranked #13 in Iowa.

Ranking Type Rank
Best General Psychology Colleges for Non-Traditional Students 237
Best General Psychology Colleges for Veterans 417
Best Colleges for General Psychology 500
Best Value Colleges for General Psychology 558
Highest Paid General Psychology Graduates 689
Most Popular Colleges for General Psychology 993
Most Focused Colleges for General Psychology 1,074

Popularity of Psychology at Mount Mercy

During the 2017-2018 academic year, Mount Mercy University handed out 24 bachelor's degrees in general psychology. Due to this, the school was ranked #993 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is an increase of 26% over the previous year when 19 degrees were handed out.

How Much Student Debt Do Psychology Graduates from Mount Mercy Have?

Student Debt of Psychology Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

While getting their bachelor's degree at Mount Mercy, psychology students borrow a median amount of $24,375 in student loans. This is not too bad considering that the median debt load of all psychology bachelor's degree recipients across the country is $24,991.

undefined

The typical student loan payment of a bachelor's degree student from the psychology program at Mount Mercy is $253 per month.

Psychology Student Diversity at Mount Mercy

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the psychology majors at Mount Mercy University.

Mount Mercy General Psychology Bachelor’s Program

In the 2017-2018 academic year, 24 students earned a bachelor's degree in psychology from Mount Mercy. About 83% of these graduates were women and the other 17% were men.

Mount Mercy Gender Breakdown of General Psychology Bachelor's Degree Grads

The majority of bachelor's degree recipients in this major at Mount Mercy are white. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 67% of students fell into this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Mount Mercy University with a bachelor's in psychology.

Ethnic Diversity of General Psychology Majors at Mount Mercy University
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 1
Hispanic or Latino 2
White 16
Non-Resident Aliens 2
Other Races 3

Areas of Concentration for Psychology

General Psychology students may decide to concentrate in one of the following focus areas. Individual focus areas may not be available for all degree levels.

Concentration Annual Graduates
General Psychology 24

References

Find Schools Near You