Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

General Business/Commerce at New York University

Find Schools Near

General Business/Commerce at New York University

The General Business/Commerce major is part of the business, management & marketing program at New York University.

Here, you'll find out more about the major, including such details as the number of graduates, what degree levels are offered, ethnicity of students, average salaries, and more. In addition, we cover how NYU ranks in comparison to other schools with general business programs.

Go directly to any of the following sections:

General Business/Commerce Degrees Available at NYU

  • Associate’s Degree in General Business
  • Bachelor’s Degree in General Business

NYU General Business Rankings

The general business major at NYU is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for General Business/Commerce. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Popularity of General Business at NYU

During the 2017-2018 academic year, New York University handed out 436 bachelor's degrees in general business/commerce. Due to this, the school was ranked #8 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is a decrease of 13% over the previous year when 503 degrees were handed out.

How Much Do General Business Graduates from NYU Make?

Salary of General Business Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

General Business majors who earn their bachelor's degree from NYU go on to jobs where they make a median salary of $77,100 a year. This is great news for graduates of the program, since this figure is higher than the national average of $39,500 for all general business bachelor's degree recipients.

undefined

How Much Student Debt Do General Business Graduates from NYU Have?

Student Debt of General Business Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

While getting their bachelor's degree at NYU, general business students borrow a median amount of $19,000 in student loans. This is not too bad considering that the median debt load of all general business bachelor's degree recipients across the country is $26,000.

undefined

The typical student loan payment of a bachelor's degree student from the general business program at NYU is $197 per month.

General Business Student Diversity at NYU

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the general business majors at New York University.

NYU General Business/Commerce Associate’s Program

All of the 1 students who graduated with a Associate’s in general business from NYU in 2018 were men.

NYU Gender Breakdown of General Business/Commerce Associate's Degree Grads

The majority of the associate's degree graduates for this major are black or African Americans. About 100% of grads fell into this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from New York University with a associate's in general business.

Ethnic Diversity of General Business/Commerce Majors at New York University
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 1
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 0
Non-Resident Aliens 0
Other Races 0

NYU General Business/Commerce Bachelor’s Program

In the 2017-2018 academic year, 436 students earned a bachelor's degree in general business from NYU. About 39% of these graduates were women and the other 61% were men.

NYU Gender Breakdown of General Business/Commerce Bachelor's Degree Grads

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from New York University with a bachelor's in general business.

Ethnic Diversity of General Business/Commerce Majors at New York University
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 148
Black or African American 13
Hispanic or Latino 61
White 83
Non-Resident Aliens 91
Other Races 40

Areas of Concentration for General Business

General Business/Commerce students may decide to concentrate in one of the following focus areas. Individual focus areas may not be available for all degree levels.

Concentration Annual Graduates
General Business/Commerce 438

Related Major Annual Graduates
Business Administration & Management 1,081
General Sales & Marketing 508
Real Estate 308
Other Business, Management & Marketing 268
Human Resource Management 108

View All General Business/Commerce Related Majors >

References

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You