Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Teacher Education Subject Specific at New York University

Find Schools Near

Teacher Education Subject Specific at New York University

Teacher Education Subject Specific is one of the majors in the education program at New York University.

We've gathered data and other essential information about the program, such as the average salary of graduates, ethnicity of students, how many students graduated in recent times, and more. In addition, we cover how NYU ranks in comparison to other schools with subject specific ed programs.

Jump to any of the following sections:

Teacher Education Subject Specific Degrees Available at NYU

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Subject Specific Ed
  • Master’s Degree in Subject Specific Ed
  • Doctorate Degree in Subject Specific Ed

NYU Subject Specific Ed Rankings

The bachelor's program at NYU was ranked #67 on College Factual's Best Schools for subject specific ed list. It is also ranked #10 in New York.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Teacher Education Subject Specific Colleges for Non-Traditional Students 125
Best Teacher Education Subject Specific Colleges for Veterans 209
Most Focused Colleges for Teacher Education Subject Specific 713

Popularity of Subject Specific Ed at NYU

During the 2017-2018 academic year, New York University handed out 39 bachelor's degrees in teacher education subject specific. Due to this, the school was ranked #210 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is an increase of 39% over the previous year when 28 degrees were handed out.

In 2018, 95 students received their master’s degree in subject specific ed from NYU. This makes it the #28 most popular school for subject specific ed master’s degree candidates in the country.

In addition, 2 students received their doctoral degrees in subject specific ed in 2018, making the school the #61 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

How Much Do Subject Specific Ed Graduates from NYU Make?

Salary of Subject Specific Ed Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

The median salary of subject specific ed students who receive their bachelor's degree at NYU is $51,500. This is great news for graduates of the program, since this figure is higher than the national average of $35,000 for all subject specific ed bachelor's degree recipients.

undefined

Salary of Subject Specific Ed Graduates with a Master's Degree

Graduates of the master's subject specific ed program at NYU make a median salary of $59,000. This is a better than average outcome since the median salary for all subject specific ed graduates with a master's is $46,950.

undefined

How Much Student Debt Do Subject Specific Ed Graduates from NYU Have?

Student Debt of Subject Specific Ed Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

While getting their bachelor's degree at NYU, subject specific ed students borrow a median amount of $21,000 in student loans. This is not too bad considering that the median debt load of all subject specific ed bachelor's degree recipients across the country is $25,250.

undefined

The typical student loan payment of a bachelor's degree student from the subject specific ed program at NYU is $218 per month.

Student Debt of Subject Specific Ed Graduates with a Master's Degree

At NYU, a typical subject specific ed student working on their master's degree borrrows about $56,832 in student loans. This is not favorable since the median amount of student debt for all subject specific ed master's graduates is $26,226.

undefined

Those master's students from NYU on a 10-year student debt repayment plan end up paying a median amount of $662 per month.

NYU Subject Specific Ed Students

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the subject specific ed majors at New York University.

NYU Teacher Education Subject Specific Bachelor’s Program

The subject specific ed program at NYU awarded 39 bachelor's degrees in 2017-2018. About 15% of these degrees went to men with the other 85% going to women.

NYU Gender Breakdown of Teacher Education Subject Specific Bachelor's Degree Grads

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from New York University with a bachelor's in subject specific ed.

Ethnic Diversity of Teacher Education Subject Specific Majors at New York University
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 15
Black or African American 4
Hispanic or Latino 1
White 19
Non-Resident Aliens 0
Other Races 0

NYU Teacher Education Subject Specific Master’s Program

In the 2017-2018 academic year, 95 students earned a master's degree in subject specific ed from NYU. About 75% of these graduates were women and the other 25% were men.

NYU Gender Breakdown of Teacher Education Subject Specific Master's Degree Grads

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from New York University with a master's in subject specific ed.

Ethnic Diversity of Teacher Education Subject Specific Majors at New York University
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 8
Black or African American 1
Hispanic or Latino 15
White 44
Non-Resident Aliens 16
Other Races 11

Areas of Concentration for Subject Specific Ed

Teacher Education Subject Specific students may decide to concentrate in one of the following focus areas. Individual focus areas may not be available for all degree levels.

Concentration Annual Graduates
Music Education 54
English & Language Arts Education 21
Social Studies Education 14
Art Education 12
Spanish Education 12
Mathematics Education 11
Reading Teacher Education 10
Business Education 6
Science Education 4
French Language Teacher Education 3
Modern Language Education 1

Related Major Annual Graduates
Student Counseling 115
Teacher Education Grade Specific 88
Teaching English or French 69
Educational Administration 43
International Education 41

View All Teacher Education Subject Specific Related Majors >

References

Find Schools Near You