Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Anthropology at New York University

Find Schools Near

Anthropology at New York University

Anthropology is one of the majors in the social sciences program at New York University.

We've pulled together some essential information you should know about the program, including how many students graduate each year, the ethnic diversity of these students, average starting salaries, and more. We've also included details on how NYU ranks compared to other colleges offering a major in anthropology.

Jump to any of the following sections:

Anthropology Degrees Available at NYU

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Anthropology
  • Master’s Degree in Anthropology
  • Doctorate Degree in Anthropology

NYU Anthropology Rankings

In College Factual's most recent rankings for the best schools for anthropology majors, NYU came in at #3. This puts it in the top 5% of the country in this field of study. It is also ranked #2 in New York.

Ranking Type Rank
Highest Paid Anthropology Graduates 2
Best Value Colleges for Anthropology 70
Most Focused Colleges for Anthropology 324

Popularity of Anthropology at NYU

During the 2018-2019 academic year, New York University handed out 36 bachelor's degrees in anthropology. Due to this, the school was ranked #70 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. Last year, the same number of degrees were handed out.

In 2019, 23 students received their master’s degree in anthropology from NYU. This makes it the #3 most popular school for anthropology master’s degree candidates in the country.

In addition, 8 students received their doctoral degrees in anthropology in 2019, making the school the #20 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

How Much Do Anthropology Graduates from NYU Make?

Salary of Anthropology Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

The median salary of anthropology students who receive their bachelor's degree at NYU is $39,500. This is great news for graduates of the program, since this figure is higher than the national average of $23,750 for all anthropology bachelor's degree recipients.

undefined

How Much Student Debt Do Anthropology Graduates from NYU Have?

Student Debt of Anthropology Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

While getting their bachelor's degree at NYU, anthropology students borrow a median amount of $22,750 in student loans. This is not too bad considering that the median debt load of all anthropology bachelor's degree recipients across the country is $22,752.

undefined

The typical student loan payment of a bachelor's degree student from the anthropology program at NYU is $236 per month.

Anthropology Student Diversity at NYU

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the anthropology majors at New York University.

NYU Anthropology Bachelor’s Program

In the 2018-2019 academic year, 36 students earned a bachelor's degree in anthropology from NYU. About 64% of these graduates were women and the other 36% were men.

NYU Gender Breakdown of Anthropology Bachelor's Degree Grads

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from New York University with a bachelor's in anthropology.

Ethnic Diversity of Anthropology Majors at New York University
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 3
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 4
White 15
Non-Resident Aliens 8
Other Races 6

NYU Anthropology Master’s Program

During the 2018-2019 academic year, 23 students graduated with a bachelor's degree in anthropology from NYU. About 13% were men and 87% were women.

NYU Gender Breakdown of Anthropology Master's Degree Grads

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from New York University with a master's in anthropology.

Ethnic Diversity of Anthropology Majors at New York University
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 3
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 2
White 10
Non-Resident Aliens 5
Other Races 3

Related Major Annual Graduates
Economics 570
Political Science & Government 275
International Relations & National Security 211
Other Social Sciences 104
Sociology 88

View All Anthropology Related Majors >

References

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Find Schools Near You