Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Computer Science at Oregon State University

Find Schools Near

Computer Science at Oregon State University

Computer Science is one of the majors in the computer & information sciences program at Oregon State University.

We've gathered data and other essential information about the program, such as the average salary of graduates, ethnicity of students, how many students graduated in recent times, and more. In addition, we cover how Oregon State ranks in comparison to other schools with compsci programs.

Go directly to any of the following sections:

Computer Science Degrees Available at Oregon State

  • Bachelor’s Degree in CompSci
  • Master’s Degree in CompSci
  • Doctorate Degree in CompSci

Oregon State CompSci Rankings

Oregon State was ranked #23 on College Factual's most recent list of the best schools for compsci majors. This puts the bachelor's program at the school solidly in the top 15% of all colleges and universities in the country. It is also ranked #1 in Oregon.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Popular Online Computer Science Schools 1
Most Popular Colleges for Computer Science 2
Best Online Computer Science Schools 2
Best Computer Science Colleges for Non-Traditional Students 3
Best Computer Science Colleges for Veterans 9
Best Colleges for Computer Science 23
Most Focused Colleges for Computer Science 25
Best Value Colleges for Computer Science 41
Highest Paid Computer Science Graduates 76

Popularity of CompSci at Oregon State

During the 2018-2019 academic year, Oregon State University handed out 681 bachelor's degrees in computer science. Due to this, the school was ranked #2 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is an increase of 21% over the previous year when 564 degrees were handed out.

In 2019, 72 students received their master’s degree in compsci from Oregon State. This makes it the #42 most popular school for compsci master’s degree candidates in the country.

In addition, 12 students received their doctoral degrees in compsci in 2019, making the school the #38 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

How Much Do CompSci Graduates from Oregon State Make?

Salary of CompSci Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

CompSci majors who earn their bachelor's degree from Oregon State go on to jobs where they make a median salary of $69,600 a year. This is great news for graduates of the program, since this figure is higher than the national average of $63,700 for all compsci bachelor's degree recipients.

undefined

How Much Student Debt Do CompSci Graduates from Oregon State Have?

Student Debt of CompSci Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

While getting their bachelor's degree at Oregon State, compsci students borrow a median amount of $21,875 in student loans. This is not too bad considering that the median debt load of all compsci bachelor's degree recipients across the country is $22,812.

undefined

The typical student loan payment of a bachelor's degree student from the compsci program at Oregon State is $227 per month.

CompSci Student Diversity at Oregon State

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the compsci majors at Oregon State University.

Oregon State Computer Science Bachelor’s Program

In the 2018-2019 academic year, 681 students earned a bachelor's degree in compsci from Oregon State. About 17% of these graduates were women and the other 83% were men.

undefined

The majority of the students with this major are white. About 62% of 2019 graduates were in this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Oregon State University with a bachelor's in compsci.

undefined
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 108
Black or African American 3
Hispanic or Latino 46
White 422
Non-Resident Aliens 28
Other Races 74

Oregon State Computer Science Master’s Program

Of the 72 students who earned a master's degree in Computer Science from Oregon State in 2018-2019, 67% were men and 33% were women.

undefined

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Oregon State University with a master's in compsci.

undefined
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 4
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 2
White 8
Non-Resident Aliens 55
Other Races 3

References

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You