All About Academics
What's the point of going to college without academics? Find out more about the faculty and staff, what majors and fields of study are offered at this college, and information on online classes if offered. Here are some of the things you'll learn in this section.
- The student to faculty (instructor) ratio.
- The Majors offered at this college.
- What online and distance learning options are available.
The total number of instructional staff teaching the 21,167 undergraduate students at Portland State University is 1,551. When this is adjusted to account for those with part-time status, the result is the "full-time equivalent" (FTE) count. Using the FTE count for students and staff results in a "student to instructor" ratio of 20 to 1 which places Portland State University among the worst concerning instructional attention.
|For every instructor (FTE) at Portland State University, there are 20 undergraduate students (FTE). This ratio is among the worst regrading instructional attention.|
|The majority of the instructors (54.0%) are full-time.|
The vast majority of instructors (100.0%) are "faculty" rather than "lecturers".
Most Popular Majors Students Sign Up For
Portland State University offers 77 distinct undergraduate degrees, concentrated into 62 majors within 24 broad fields of study. Across all fields of study, Portland State University awarded 4,883 undergraduate degrees in 2017 - 2018.
|Most Popular Majors||Associates Graduations||Bachelors Graduations||All Graduations|
|Business Administration & Management||0||362||362|
|Liberal Arts General Studies||0||244||244|
|General Social Sciences||0||235||235|
Additional Questions to Ask
- Are you looking for a lot of flexibility? Does this college offer online or summer classes that might help you finish your degree?
- Interested in graduate school? How many students from this college go on to achieve additional degrees?
- Will a degree from this school land you a job? How many graduates were employed full time a year after graduating?