Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Communication & Journalism at Rhode Island College

Find Schools Near

Communication & Journalism at Rhode Island College

Here, you'll find out more about the major, including such details as the number of graduates, what degree levels are offered, ethnicity of students, and more. We've also included details on how RIC ranks compared to other colleges offering a major in communication and journalism.

Go directly to any of the following sections:

Communication & Journalism Degrees Available at RIC

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Communication & Journalism

RIC Communication & Journalism Rankings

The bachelor's program at RIC was ranked #512 on College Factual's Best Schools for communication and journalism list. It is also ranked #6 in Rhode Island.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Popular Colleges for Communication & Journalism 298
Highest Paid Communication & Journalism Graduates 339
Most Focused Colleges for Communication & Journalism 381
Best Communication & Journalism Colleges for Veterans 414

Popularity of Communication & Journalism at RIC

During the 2017-2018 academic year, Rhode Island College handed out 82 bachelor's degrees in communication and journalism. Due to this, the school was ranked #298 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is a decrease of 8% over the previous year when 89 degrees were handed out.

RIC Communication & Journalism Students

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the communication and journalism majors at Rhode Island College.

RIC Communication & Journalism Bachelor’s Program

In the 2017-2018 academic year, 82 students earned a bachelor's degree in communication and journalism from RIC. About 70% of these graduates were women and the other 30% were men.

RIC Gender Breakdown of Communication & Journalism Bachelor's Degree Grads

The majority of bachelor's degree recipients in this major at RIC are white. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 76% of students fell into this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Rhode Island College with a bachelor's in communication and journalism.

Ethnic Diversity of Communication & Journalism Majors at Rhode Island College
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 1
Black or African American 3
Hispanic or Latino 6
White 62
Non-Resident Aliens 0
Other Races 10

Areas of Concentration for Communication & Journalism

Communication and Journalism students may decide to concentrate in one of the following focus areas. Individual focus areas may not be available for all degree levels.

Concentration Annual Graduates
Communication & Media Studies 82

Related Major Annual Graduates
Education 265
Psychology 170
Social Sciences 47
History 29
Family, Consumer & Human Sciences 13

View All Communication & Journalism Related Majors >

References

Find Schools Near You