Education at Rhode Island College
Jump to any of the following sections:
Education Degrees Available at RIC
- Certificate (Less Than 1 Year) in Education
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education
- Master’s Degree in Education
- Doctorate Degree in Education
RIC Education Rankings
Popularity of Education at RIC
During the 2018-2019 academic year, Rhode Island College handed out 125 bachelor's degrees in education. Due to this, the school was ranked #221 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is a decrease of 19% over the previous year when 154 degrees were handed out.
In 2019, 101 students received their master’s degree in education from RIC. This makes it the #433 most popular school for education master’s degree candidates in the country.
In addition, 5 students received their doctoral degrees in education in 2019, making the school the #384 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.
Education Student Diversity at RIC
Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the education majors at Rhode Island College.
RIC Education Bachelor’s Program
In the 2018-2019 academic year, 125 students earned a bachelor's degree in education from RIC. About 86% of these graduates were women and the other 14% were men.
The majority of bachelor's degree recipients in this major at RIC are white. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 82% of students fell into this category.
The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Rhode Island College with a bachelor's in education.
|Ethnic Background||Number of Students|
|Black or African American||2|
|Hispanic or Latino||5|
RIC Education Master’s Program
Of the 101 students who earned a master's degree in Education from RIC in 2018-2019, 11% were men and 89% were women.
The majority of the students with this major are white. About 81% of 2019 graduates were in this category.
The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Rhode Island College with a master's in education.
|Ethnic Background||Number of Students|
|Black or African American||5|
|Hispanic or Latino||3|
Education students may decide to major in one of the following focus areas. Individual majors may not be available for all degree levels.
|Teacher Education Grade Specific||81|
|Teacher Education Subject Specific||53|
|Teaching English or French||22|
Most Popular Majors Related to Education
|Related Major||Annual Graduates|
|Communication & Journalism||55|
|Family, Consumer & Human Sciences||11|
- National Center for Education Statistics
- O*NET Online
- Image Credit: By Arctichistorian01 under License
More about our data sources and methodologies.
Southern New Hampshire University
You have goals. Southern New Hampshire University can help you get there. Whether you need a bachelor's degree to get into a career or want a master's degree to move up in your current career, SNHU has an online program for you. Find your degree from over 200 online programs ... Learn More >
Building on Purdue’s mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Global delivers a fully personalized online experience that’s tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from the prestigious Purdue University system—completely online ... Learn More >
Grand Canyon University (GCU)
With a spotlight on intellectual creativity and innovation for the 21stcentury, the College of Humanities and Social Sciences at GCU provides a job focused education. It blends the study of traditional humanities in a modern context. Through academic inquiry and beyond the box thinking, the college advances our society and its accomplishments ... Learn More >
Northcentral University (NCU) was founded to provide accessible, high-quality, online graduate degrees to working professionals. As a regionally accredited, online university, NCU serves students worldwide, focusing on Doctoral and Master's degree programs in the Schools of Business and Technology Management, Education, Psychology, and Marriage and Family Sciences ... Learn More >
Colorado Technical University (CTU)
CTU could help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional community, aculty who are real-world professionals, and innovative technology ... Learn More >