Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Communication & Journalism at Roger Williams University

Find Schools Near

Communication & Journalism at Roger Williams University

We've pulled together some essential information you should know about the program, including how many students graduate each year, the ethnic diversity of these students, and more. We've also included details on how RWU ranks compared to other colleges offering a major in communication and journalism.

Go directly to any of the following sections:

Communication & Journalism Degrees Available at RWU

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Communication & Journalism

RWU Communication & Journalism Rankings

The bachelor's program at RWU was ranked #149 on College Factual's Best Schools for communication and journalism list. It is also ranked #3 in Rhode Island.

Ranking Type Rank
Highest Paid Communication & Journalism Graduates 146
Best Colleges for Communication & Journalism 149
Best Communication & Journalism Colleges for Veterans 164
Most Focused Colleges for Communication & Journalism 528

Popularity of Communication & Journalism at RWU

During the 2017-2018 academic year, Roger Williams University handed out 70 bachelor's degrees in communication and journalism. Due to this, the school was ranked #441 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is an increase of 43% over the previous year when 49 degrees were handed out.

Communication & Journalism Student Diversity at RWU

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the communication and journalism majors at Roger Williams University.

RWU Communication & Journalism Bachelor’s Program

The communication and journalism program at RWU awarded 70 bachelor's degrees in 2017-2018. About 19% of these degrees went to men with the other 81% going to women.

RWU Gender Breakdown of Communication & Journalism Bachelor's Degree Grads

The majority of bachelor's degree recipients in this major at RWU are white. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 91% of students fell into this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Roger Williams University with a bachelor's in communication and journalism.

Ethnic Diversity of Communication & Journalism Majors at Roger Williams University
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 1
Black or African American 1
Hispanic or Latino 4
White 64
Non-Resident Aliens 0
Other Races 0

Areas of Concentration for Communication & Journalism

Communication and Journalism students may decide to concentrate in one of the following focus areas. Individual focus areas may not be available for all degree levels.

Concentration Annual Graduates
Communication & Media Studies 56
Journalism 13
Public Relations & Advertising 1

Related Major Annual Graduates
Psychology 89
Education 62
Social Sciences 46
History 5
Area, Ethnic, Culture, & Gender Studies 1

View All Communication & Journalism Related Majors >


Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You