Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Foreign Languages & Linguistics at Rutgers University - New Brunswick

Find Schools Near

Foreign Languages & Linguistics at Rutgers University - New Brunswick

We've pulled together some essential information you should know about the program, including how many students graduate each year, the ethnic diversity of these students, and more. Also, learn how Rutgers New Brunswick ranks among other schools offering degrees in foreign languages and linguistics.

Go directly to any of the following sections:

Foreign Languages & Linguistics Degrees Available at Rutgers New Brunswick

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Foreign Languages & Linguistics
  • Master’s Degree in Foreign Languages & Linguistics
  • Doctorate Degree in Foreign Languages & Linguistics

Rutgers New Brunswick Foreign Languages & Linguistics Rankings

Rutgers New Brunswick was ranked #41 on College Factual's most recent list of the best schools for foreign languages and linguistics majors. This puts the bachelor's program at the school solidly in the top 15% of all colleges and universities in the country. It is also ranked #2 in New Jersey.

Popularity of Foreign Languages & Linguistics at Rutgers New Brunswick

During the 2017-2018 academic year, Rutgers University - New Brunswick handed out 92 bachelor's degrees in foreign languages and linguistics. Due to this, the school was ranked #52 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is a decrease of 3% over the previous year when 95 degrees were handed out.

In 2018, 45 students received their master’s degree in foreign languages and linguistics from Rutgers New Brunswick. This makes it the #8 most popular school for foreign languages and linguistics master’s degree candidates in the country.

In addition, 18 students received their doctoral degrees in foreign languages and linguistics in 2018, making the school the #24 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

Foreign Languages & Linguistics Student Diversity at Rutgers New Brunswick

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the foreign languages and linguistics majors at Rutgers University - New Brunswick.

Rutgers New Brunswick Foreign Languages & Linguistics Bachelor’s Program

During the 2017-2018 academic year, 92 students graduated with a bachelor's degree in foreign languages and linguistics from Rutgers New Brunswick. About 29% were men and 71% were women.

Rutgers New Brunswick Gender Breakdown of Foreign Languages & Linguistics Bachelor's Degree Grads

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Rutgers University - New Brunswick with a bachelor's in foreign languages and linguistics.

Ethnic Diversity of Foreign Languages & Linguistics Majors at Rutgers University - New Brunswick
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 13
Black or African American 10
Hispanic or Latino 21
White 41
Non-Resident Aliens 2
Other Races 5

Rutgers New Brunswick Foreign Languages & Linguistics Master’s Program

The foreign languages and linguistics program at Rutgers New Brunswick awarded 45 master's degrees in 2017-2018. About 22% of these degrees went to men with the other 78% going to women.

Rutgers New Brunswick Gender Breakdown of Foreign Languages & Linguistics Master's Degree Grads

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Rutgers University - New Brunswick with a master's in foreign languages and linguistics.

Ethnic Diversity of Foreign Languages & Linguistics Majors at Rutgers University - New Brunswick
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 2
Black or African American 4
Hispanic or Latino 4
White 17
Non-Resident Aliens 16
Other Races 2

Areas of Concentration for Foreign Languages & Linguistics

Foreign Languages and Linguistics students may decide to concentrate in one of the following focus areas. Individual focus areas may not be available for all degree levels.

Concentration Annual Graduates
Romance Languages 65
Linguistics & Comparative Literature 46
East Asian Languages 20
Classical Languages & Literature 14
Germanic Languages 6
Slavic, Baltic & Albanian Languages 4

Majors Similar to Foreign Languages & Linguistics

Related Major Annual Graduates
Visual & Performing Arts 313
English Language & Literature 170
Philosophy & Religious Studies 43

View All Foreign Languages & Linguistics Related Majors >

References

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You