Psychology at Rutgers University - New Brunswick
Go directly to any of the following sections:
Featured Psychology Programs
Learn about start dates, transferring credits, availability of financial aid, and more by contacting the universities below.
BA in Psychology
Advance in your human services or psychology career, or prepare for graduate studies in a variety of fields at Southern New Hampshire University. Learn More >
MS in Psychology
Our Master of Science in Psychology program is designed to extend your knowledge and discipline in psychology, preparing you for a wide variety of professions and contexts. Learn More >
MA in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
Become a champion of change and take your first step toward licensure as a clinical mental health counselor with this specialized and CACREP-accredited online clinical counseling master's from Southern New Hampshire University. Learn More >
Psychology Degrees Available at Rutgers New Brunswick
Rutgers New Brunswick Psychology Rankings
Rutgers New Brunswick was ranked #138 on College Factual's most recent list of the best schools for psychology majors. This puts the bachelor's program at the school solidly in the top 15% of all colleges and universities in the country. It is also ranked #3 in New Jersey.
Popularity of Psychology at Rutgers New Brunswick
During the 2019-2020 academic year, Rutgers University - New Brunswick handed out 521 bachelor's degrees in psychology. Due to this, the school was ranked #26 in popularity out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is an increase of 5% over the previous year when 495 degrees were handed out.
In 2020, 59 students received their master’s degree in psychology from Rutgers New Brunswick. This makes it the #106 most popular school for psychology master’s degree candidates in the country.
In addition, 44 students received their doctoral degrees in psychology in 2020, making the school the #23 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.
Learn about other programs related to Psychology that might interest you.
BA in Psychology - Child & Adolescent Development
Gain practical experience working with children in a variety of settings with this specialized online bachelor's from Southern New Hampshire University. Learn More >
BA in Psychology - Forensic Psychology
Combine psychology and the law while developing research and critical-thinking skills with one of our bachelor's degrees in forensic psychology from Southern New Hampshire University. Learn More >
BA in Psychology - Mental Health
Gain a strong foundation in the concepts involved with mental health therapy and assessment with this specialized online bachelor's from Southern New Hampshire University. Learn More >
Psychology Student Diversity at Rutgers New Brunswick
Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the psychology majors at Rutgers University - New Brunswick.
Rutgers New Brunswick Psychology Bachelor’s Program
Of the 521 psychology students who graduated with a bachelor's degree in 2019-2020 from Rutgers New Brunswick, about 23% were men and 77% were women.
The majority of the students with this major are white. About 51% of 2020 graduates were in this category.
The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Rutgers University - New Brunswick with a bachelor's in psychology.
|Ethnic Background||Number of Students|
|Black or African American||37|
|Hispanic or Latino||95|
Rutgers New Brunswick Psychology Master’s Program
The psychology program at Rutgers New Brunswick awarded 91 master's degrees in 2019-2020. About 18% of these degrees went to men with the other 82% going to women.
The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Rutgers University - New Brunswick with a master's in psychology.
|Ethnic Background||Number of Students|
|Black or African American||14|
|Hispanic or Latino||11|
Psychology students may decide to major in one of the following focus areas. Individual majors may not be available for all degree levels.
|Clinical, Counseling & Applied Psychology||43|
|Child Development & Psychology||16|
Most Popular Related Majors
|Related Major||Annual Graduates|
|Communication & Journalism||505|
More about our data sources and methodologies.
Southern New Hampshire University
You have goals. Southern New Hampshire University can help you get there. Whether you need a bachelor's degree to get into a career or want a master's degree to move up in your current career, SNHU has an online program for you. Find your degree from over 200 online programs ... Learn More >