Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Computer Science at Tennessee Technological University

Find Schools Near

Computer Science at Tennessee Technological University

Computer Science is one of the majors in the computer & information sciences program at Tennessee Technological University.

Here, you'll find out more about the major, including such details as the number of graduates, what degree levels are offered, ethnicity of students, average salaries, and more. Also, learn how Tennessee Tech University ranks among other schools offering degrees in compsci.

Go directly to any of the following sections:

Computer Science Degrees Available at Tennessee Tech University

  • Bachelor’s Degree in CompSci
  • Master’s Degree in CompSci

Tennessee Tech University CompSci Rankings

The bachelor's program at Tennessee Tech University was ranked #102 on College Factual's Best Schools for compsci list. It is also ranked #2 in Tennessee.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Computer Science Colleges for Non-Traditional Students 55
Best Value Colleges for Computer Science 61
Best Computer Science Colleges for Veterans 64
Most Popular Colleges for Computer Science 100
Best Colleges for Computer Science 102
Highest Paid Computer Science Graduates 150
Most Focused Colleges for Computer Science 167

Popularity of CompSci at Tennessee Tech University

During the 2018-2019 academic year, Tennessee Technological University handed out 84 bachelor's degrees in computer science. Due to this, the school was ranked #100 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is an increase of 24% over the previous year when 68 degrees were handed out.

In 2019, 13 students received their master’s degree in compsci from Tennessee Tech University. This makes it the #152 most popular school for compsci master’s degree candidates in the country.

How Much Do CompSci Graduates from Tennessee Tech University Make?

Salary of CompSci Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

The median salary of compsci students who receive their bachelor's degree at Tennessee Tech University is $57,000. This is less than $63,700, which is the national median of all compsci majors in the nation who earn bachelor's degrees.

undefined

How Much Student Debt Do CompSci Graduates from Tennessee Tech University Have?

Student Debt of CompSci Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

While getting their bachelor's degree at Tennessee Tech University, compsci students borrow a median amount of $17,556 in student loans. This is not too bad considering that the median debt load of all compsci bachelor's degree recipients across the country is $22,812.

undefined

The typical student loan payment of a bachelor's degree student from the compsci program at Tennessee Tech University is $182 per month.

Tennessee Tech University CompSci Students

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the compsci majors at Tennessee Technological University.

Tennessee Tech University Computer Science Bachelor’s Program

The compsci program at Tennessee Tech University awarded 84 bachelor's degrees in 2018-2019. About 88% of these degrees went to men with the other 12% going to women.

undefined

The majority of the students with this major are white. About 73% of 2019 graduates were in this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Tennessee Technological University with a bachelor's in compsci.

undefined
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 4
Black or African American 6
Hispanic or Latino 3
White 61
Non-Resident Aliens 7
Other Races 3

Tennessee Tech University Computer Science Master’s Program

Of the 13 students who graduated with a Master’s in compsci from Tennessee Tech University in 2019, 92% were men and 8% were women.

undefined

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Tennessee Technological University with a master's in compsci.

undefined
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 1
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 6
Non-Resident Aliens 6
Other Races 0

References

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You