Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Liberal Arts General Studies at Tennessee Technological University

Find Schools Near

Liberal Arts General Studies at Tennessee Technological University

Liberal Arts General Studies is one of the majors in the liberal arts / sciences & humanities program at Tennessee Technological University.

Here, you'll find out more about the major, including such details as the number of graduates, what degree levels are offered, ethnicity of students, average salaries, and more. Also, learn how Tennessee Tech University ranks among other schools offering degrees in liberal arts.

Go directly to any of the following sections:

Liberal Arts General Studies Degrees Available at Tennessee Tech University

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Liberal Arts
  • Master’s Degree in Liberal Arts

Tennessee Tech University Liberal Arts Rankings

The bachelor's program at Tennessee Tech University was ranked #99 on College Factual's Best Schools for liberal arts list. It is also ranked #4 in Tennessee.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Online Liberal Arts General Studies Schools 39
Best Liberal Arts General Studies Colleges for Veterans 49
Best Liberal Arts General Studies Colleges for Non-Traditional Students 61
Best Colleges for Liberal Arts General Studies 99
Best Value Colleges for Liberal Arts General Studies 110
Highest Paid Liberal Arts General Studies Graduates 240
Most Popular Online Liberal Arts General Studies Schools 645
Most Popular Colleges for Liberal Arts General Studies 695
Most Focused Colleges for Liberal Arts General Studies 1,219

Popularity of Liberal Arts at Tennessee Tech University

During the 2018-2019 academic year, Tennessee Technological University handed out 155 bachelor's degrees in liberal arts general studies. Due to this, the school was ranked #695 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is a decrease of 7% over the previous year when 167 degrees were handed out.

In 2019, 33 students received their master’s degree in liberal arts from Tennessee Tech University. This makes it the #12 most popular school for liberal arts master’s degree candidates in the country.

How Much Do Liberal Arts Graduates from Tennessee Tech University Make?

Salary of Liberal Arts Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

The median salary of liberal arts students who receive their bachelor's degree at Tennessee Tech University is $27,200. This is less than $30,200, which is the national median of all liberal arts majors in the nation who earn bachelor's degrees.

undefined

How Much Student Debt Do Liberal Arts Graduates from Tennessee Tech University Have?

Student Debt of Liberal Arts Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

While getting their bachelor's degree at Tennessee Tech University, liberal arts students borrow a median amount of $16,250 in student loans. This is not too bad considering that the median debt load of all liberal arts bachelor's degree recipients across the country is $23,644.

undefined

The typical student loan payment of a bachelor's degree student from the liberal arts program at Tennessee Tech University is $169 per month.

Liberal Arts Student Diversity at Tennessee Tech University

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the liberal arts majors at Tennessee Technological University.

Tennessee Tech University Liberal Arts General Studies Bachelor’s Program

In the 2018-2019 academic year, 155 students earned a bachelor's degree in liberal arts from Tennessee Tech University. About 63% of these graduates were women and the other 37% were men.

undefined

The majority of bachelor's degree recipients in this major at Tennessee Tech University are white. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 81% of students fell into this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Tennessee Technological University with a bachelor's in liberal arts.

undefined
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 1
Black or African American 12
Hispanic or Latino 4
White 125
Non-Resident Aliens 3
Other Races 10

Tennessee Tech University Liberal Arts General Studies Master’s Program

During the 2018-2019 academic year, 33 students graduated with a bachelor's degree in liberal arts from Tennessee Tech University. About 42% were men and 58% were women.

undefined

The majority of the students with this major are white. About 67% of 2019 graduates were in this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Tennessee Technological University with a master's in liberal arts.

undefined
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 7
Hispanic or Latino 2
White 22
Non-Resident Aliens 0
Other Races 2

References

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You