Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Anthropology at Tulane University of Louisiana

Find Schools Near

Anthropology at Tulane University of Louisiana

Anthropology is one of the majors in the social sciences program at Tulane University of Louisiana.

We've gathered data and other essential information about the program, such as the ethnicity of students, how many students graduated in recent times, and more. We've also included details on how Tulane ranks compared to other colleges offering a major in anthropology.

Jump to any of the following sections:

Anthropology Degrees Available at Tulane

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Anthropology
  • Master’s Degree in Anthropology
  • Doctorate Degree in Anthropology

Tulane Anthropology Rankings

The anthropology major at Tulane is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Anthropology. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Popular Colleges for Anthropology 88
Most Focused Colleges for Anthropology 92
Highest Paid Anthropology Graduates 100

Popularity of Anthropology at Tulane

During the 2018-2019 academic year, Tulane University of Louisiana handed out 32 bachelor's degrees in anthropology. Due to this, the school was ranked #88 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. Last year, the same number of degrees were handed out.

In 2019, 7 students received their master’s degree in anthropology from Tulane. This makes it the #58 most popular school for anthropology master’s degree candidates in the country.

In addition, 4 students received their doctoral degrees in anthropology in 2019, making the school the #52 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

How Much Student Debt Do Anthropology Graduates from Tulane Have?

Student Debt of Anthropology Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

While getting their bachelor's degree at Tulane, anthropology students borrow a median amount of $24,463 in student loans. This is higher than the the typical median of $22,752 for all anthropology majors across the country.

undefined

The typical student loan payment of a bachelor's degree student from the anthropology program at Tulane is $254 per month.

Anthropology Student Diversity at Tulane

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the anthropology majors at Tulane University of Louisiana.

Tulane Anthropology Bachelor’s Program

In the 2018-2019 academic year, 32 students earned a bachelor's degree in anthropology from Tulane. About 75% of these graduates were women and the other 25% were men.

Tulane Gender Breakdown of Anthropology Bachelor's Degree Grads

The majority of the students with this major are white. About 59% of 2019 graduates were in this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Tulane University of Louisiana with a bachelor's in anthropology.

Ethnic Diversity of Anthropology Majors at Tulane University of Louisiana
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 3
Black or African American 4
Hispanic or Latino 2
White 19
Non-Resident Aliens 2
Other Races 2

Tulane Anthropology Master’s Program

Of the 7 anthropology students who graduated with a master's degree in 2018-2019 from Tulane, about 43% were men and 57% were women.

Tulane Gender Breakdown of Anthropology Master's Degree Grads

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Tulane University of Louisiana with a master's in anthropology.

Ethnic Diversity of Anthropology Majors at Tulane University of Louisiana
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 1
Hispanic or Latino 1
White 3
Non-Resident Aliens 1
Other Races 1

Related Major Annual Graduates
Economics 128
Political Science & Government 117
Sociology 71
International Relations & National Security 67
General Social Sciences 29

View All Anthropology Related Majors >

References

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Find Schools Near You