Music at University of Georgia

Music at University of Georgia

Music is one of the majors in the visual & performing arts program at University of Georgia.

We've pulled together some essential information you should know about the program, including how many students graduate each year, the ethnic diversity of these students, average starting salaries, and more. In addition, we cover how UGA ranks in comparison to other schools with music programs.

Go directly to any of the following sections:

Music Degrees Available at UGA

UGA Music Rankings

The bachelor's program at UGA was ranked #143 on College Factual's Best Schools for music list. It is also ranked #2 in Georgia.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Popular Doctor’s Degree Colleges for Music 26
Best Value Doctor’s Degree Colleges for Music 43
Most Focused Doctor’s Degree Colleges for Music 53
Best Music Master’s Degree Schools 60
Most Popular Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Music 67
Best Music Doctor’s Degree Schools 67
Most Popular Master’s Degree Colleges for Music 80
Best Music Bachelor’s Degree Schools 116
Best Value Master’s Degree Colleges for Music 129
Most Focused Master’s Degree Colleges for Music 192
Best Value Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Music 269
Most Focused Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Music 722

Popularity of Music at UGA

During the 2019-2020 academic year, University of Georgia handed out 46 bachelor's degrees in music. Due to this, the school was ranked #64 in popularity out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is an increase of 12% over the previous year when 41 degrees were handed out.

In 2020, 18 students received their master’s degree in music from UGA. This makes it the #96 most popular school for music master’s degree candidates in the country.

In addition, 23 students received their doctoral degrees in music in 2020, making the school the #20 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

How Much Do Music Graduates from UGA Make?

Salary of Music Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

The median salary of music students who receive their bachelor's degree at UGA is $18,300. Unfortunately, this is lower than the national average of $22,900 for all music students.

undefined

How Much Student Debt Do Music Graduates from UGA Have?

Student Debt of Music Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

While getting their bachelor's degree at UGA, music students borrow a median amount of $26,000 in student loans. This is higher than the the typical median of $25,500 for all music majors across the country.

undefined

The typical student loan payment of a bachelor's degree student from the music program at UGA is $270 per month.

UGA Music Students

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the music majors at University of Georgia.

UGA Music Bachelor’s Program

During the 2019-2020 academic year, 46 music majors earned their bachelor's degree from UGA. Of these graduates, 39% were men and 61% were women.

undefined

The majority of bachelor's degree recipients in this major at UGA are white. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 74% of students fell into this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from University of Georgia with a bachelor's in music.

undefined
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 3
Black or African American 5
Hispanic or Latino 1
White 34
Non-Resident Aliens 1
Other Races 2

UGA Music Master’s Program

In the 2019-2020 academic year, 22 students earned a master's degree in music from UGA. About 36% of these graduates were women and the other 64% were men.

undefined

The majority of the students with this major are white. About 91% of 2020 graduates were in this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from University of Georgia with a master's in music.

undefined
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 2
White 20
Non-Resident Aliens 0
Other Races 0

Related Major Annual Graduates
Fine & Studio Arts 141
Drama & Theater Arts 22
Film, Video & Photographic Arts 15
Dance 2

View All Music Related Majors >

References

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Find Schools Near You