Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Animal Science at University of Massachusetts Amherst

Find Schools Near

Animal Science at University of Massachusetts Amherst

The Animal Science major is part of the agriculture & agriculture operations program at University of Massachusetts Amherst.

We've gathered data and other essential information about the program, such as the average salary of graduates, ethnicity of students, how many students graduated in recent times, and more. We've also included details on how UMass Amherst ranks compared to other colleges offering a major in animal science.

Jump to any of the following sections:

Animal Science Degrees Available at UMass Amherst

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Animal Science
  • Master’s Degree in Animal Science

UMass Amherst Animal Science Rankings

The bachelor's program at UMass Amherst was ranked #42 on College Factual's Best Schools for animal science list. It is also ranked #1 in Massachusetts.

Ranking Type Rank
Highest Paid Animal Science Graduates 53
Best Value Colleges for Animal Science 56
Best Animal Science Colleges for Veterans 57
Most Popular Colleges for Animal Science 73
Most Focused Colleges for Animal Science 110

Popularity of Animal Science at UMass Amherst

During the 2018-2019 academic year, University of Massachusetts Amherst handed out 21 bachelor's degrees in animal science. Due to this, the school was ranked #73 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is a decrease of 12% over the previous year when 24 degrees were handed out.

In 2019, 1 students received their master’s degree in animal science from UMass Amherst. This makes it the #52 most popular school for animal science master’s degree candidates in the country.

How Much Do Animal Science Graduates from UMass Amherst Make?

Salary of Animal Science Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

The median salary of animal science students who receive their bachelor's degree at UMass Amherst is $26,200. This is less than $28,400, which is the national median of all animal science majors in the nation who earn bachelor's degrees.

undefined

How Much Student Debt Do Animal Science Graduates from UMass Amherst Have?

Student Debt of Animal Science Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

While getting their bachelor's degree at UMass Amherst, animal science students borrow a median amount of $23,969 in student loans. This is higher than the the typical median of $20,685 for all animal science majors across the country.

undefined

The typical student loan payment of a bachelor's degree student from the animal science program at UMass Amherst is $249 per month.

UMass Amherst Animal Science Students

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the animal science majors at University of Massachusetts Amherst.

UMass Amherst Animal Science Bachelor’s Program

The animal science program at UMass Amherst awarded 21 bachelor's degrees in 2018-2019. About 14% of these degrees went to men with the other 86% going to women.

UMass Amherst Gender Breakdown of Animal Science Bachelor's Degree Grads

The majority of the students with this major are white. About 90% of 2019 graduates were in this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from University of Massachusetts Amherst with a bachelor's in animal science.

Ethnic Diversity of Animal Science Majors at University of Massachusetts Amherst
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 1
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 1
White 19
Non-Resident Aliens 0
Other Races 0

UMass Amherst Animal Science Master’s Program

All of the 1 students who graduated with a Master’s in animal science from UMass Amherst in 2019 were women.

UMass Amherst Gender Breakdown of Animal Science Master's Degree Grads

The majority of the master's degree graduates for this major are Hispanic or Latino. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 100% of grads fell into this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from University of Massachusetts Amherst with a master's in animal science.

Ethnic Diversity of Animal Science Majors at University of Massachusetts Amherst
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 1
White 0
Non-Resident Aliens 0
Other Races 0

Majors Similar to Animal Science

Related Major Annual Graduates
Food Science Technology 46
Agricultural Production 40
Plant Sciences 34
Horticulture 32
Animal Services 7

View All Animal Science Related Majors >

References

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You