Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Engineering at University of Nevada - Las Vegas

Find Schools Near

Engineering at University of Nevada - Las Vegas

Here, you'll find out more about the major, including such details as the number of graduates, what degree levels are offered, ethnicity of students, and more. In addition, we cover how UNLV ranks in comparison to other schools with engineering programs.

Go directly to any of the following sections:

Engineering Degrees Available at UNLV

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
  • Master’s Degree in Engineering
  • Doctorate Degree in Engineering

UNLV Engineering Rankings

The bachelor's program at UNLV was ranked #241 on College Factual's Best Schools for engineering list. It is also ranked #2 in Nevada.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Engineering Colleges for Non-Traditional Students 200
Best Value Colleges for Engineering 267
Highest Paid Engineering Graduates 269

Popularity of Engineering at UNLV

During the 2017-2018 academic year, University of Nevada - Las Vegas handed out 166 bachelor's degrees in engineering. Due to this, the school was ranked #225 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is an increase of 18% over the previous year when 141 degrees were handed out.

In 2018, 40 students received their master’s degree in engineering from UNLV. This makes it the #213 most popular school for engineering master’s degree candidates in the country.

In addition, 14 students received their doctoral degrees in engineering in 2018, making the school the #147 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

Engineering Student Diversity at UNLV

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the engineering majors at University of Nevada - Las Vegas.

UNLV Engineering Bachelor’s Program

In the 2017-2018 academic year, 166 students earned a bachelor's degree in engineering from UNLV. About 19% of these graduates were women and the other 81% were men.

UNLV Gender Breakdown of Engineering Bachelor's Degree Grads

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from University of Nevada - Las Vegas with a bachelor's in engineering.

Ethnic Diversity of Engineering Majors at University of Nevada - Las Vegas
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 39
Black or African American 9
Hispanic or Latino 47
White 54
Non-Resident Aliens 1
Other Races 16

UNLV Engineering Master’s Program

In the 2017-2018 academic year, 40 students earned a master's degree in engineering from UNLV. About 20% of these graduates were women and the other 80% were men.

UNLV Gender Breakdown of Engineering Master's Degree Grads

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from University of Nevada - Las Vegas with a master's in engineering.

Ethnic Diversity of Engineering Majors at University of Nevada - Las Vegas
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 4
Black or African American 2
Hispanic or Latino 2
White 16
Non-Resident Aliens 15
Other Races 1

Areas of Concentration for Engineering

Engineering students may decide to concentrate in one of the following focus areas. Individual focus areas may not be available for all degree levels.

Concentration Annual Graduates
Mechanical Engineering 102
Civil Engineering 47
Electrical Engineering 42
Computer Engineering 24
Construction Engineering 3
Other Engineering 2
Biomedical Engineering 1

Related Major Annual Graduates
Biological & Biomedical Sciences 243
Computer & Information Sciences 155
Physical Sciences 74
Architecture & Related Services 58
Mathematics & Statistics 34

View All Engineering Related Majors >

References

Find Schools Near You