Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Child Development & Psychology at University of North Florida

Find Schools Near

Child Development & Psychology at University of North Florida

The Child Development & Psychology major is part of the psychology program at University of North Florida.

We've pulled together some essential information you should know about the program, including how many students graduate each year, the ethnic diversity of these students, and more. We've also included details on how UNF ranks compared to other colleges offering a major in child development.

Jump to any of the following sections:

Child Development & Psychology Degrees Available at UNF

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Child Development
  • Master’s Degree in Child Development

UNF Child Development Rankings

The child development major at UNF is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Child Development & Psychology. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Popular Colleges for Child Development & Psychology 9
Most Focused Colleges for Child Development & Psychology 15

Popularity of Child Development at UNF

During the 2018-2019 academic year, University of North Florida handed out 304 bachelor's degrees in child development and psychology. Due to this, the school was ranked #9 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is an increase of 8% over the previous year when 282 degrees were handed out.

In 2019, 12 students received their master’s degree in child development from UNF. This makes it the #28 most popular school for child development master’s degree candidates in the country.

How Much Student Debt Do Child Development Graduates from UNF Have?

Student Debt of Child Development Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

While getting their bachelor's degree at UNF, child development students borrow a median amount of $17,625 in student loans. This is not too bad considering that the median debt load of all child development bachelor's degree recipients across the country is $23,248.

undefined

The typical student loan payment of a bachelor's degree student from the child development program at UNF is $183 per month.

UNF Child Development Students

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the child development majors at University of North Florida.

UNF Child Development & Psychology Bachelor’s Program

In the 2018-2019 academic year, 304 students earned a bachelor's degree in child development from UNF. About 82% of these graduates were women and the other 18% were men.

UNF Gender Breakdown of Child Development & Psychology Bachelor's Degree Grads

The majority of bachelor's degree recipients in this major at UNF are white. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 63% of students fell into this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from University of North Florida with a bachelor's in child development.

Ethnic Diversity of Child Development & Psychology Majors at University of North Florida
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 17
Black or African American 38
Hispanic or Latino 35
White 192
Non-Resident Aliens 2
Other Races 20

UNF Child Development & Psychology Master’s Program

In the 2018-2019 academic year, 12 students earned a master's degree in child development from UNF. About 67% of these graduates were women and the other 33% were men.

UNF Gender Breakdown of Child Development & Psychology Master's Degree Grads

The majority of master's degree recipients in this major at UNF are white. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 58% of students fell into this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from University of North Florida with a master's in child development.

Ethnic Diversity of Child Development & Psychology Majors at University of North Florida
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 2
Hispanic or Latino 3
White 7
Non-Resident Aliens 0
Other Races 0

References

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You