Engineering at University of Utah
Go directly to any of the following sections:
Engineering Degrees Available at U of U
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- Master’s Degree in Engineering
- Doctorate Degree in Engineering
U of U Engineering Rankings
|Most Popular Online Engineering Schools||1|
|Best Engineering Colleges for Non-Traditional Students||45|
Popularity of Engineering at U of U
During the 2017-2018 academic year, University of Utah handed out 512 bachelor's degrees in engineering. Due to this, the school was ranked #58 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is a decrease of 2% over the previous year when 520 degrees were handed out.
In 2018, 214 students received their master’s degree in engineering from U of U. This makes it the #79 most popular school for engineering master’s degree candidates in the country.
In addition, 78 students received their doctoral degrees in engineering in 2018, making the school the #43 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.
Engineering Student Diversity at U of U
Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the engineering majors at University of Utah.
U of U Engineering Bachelor’s Program
The engineering program at U of U awarded 512 bachelor's degrees in 2017-2018. About 83% of these degrees went to men with the other 17% going to women.
The majority of bachelor's degree recipients in this major at U of U are white. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 74% of students fell into this category.
The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from University of Utah with a bachelor's in engineering.
|Ethnic Background||Number of Students|
|Black or African American||5|
|Hispanic or Latino||34|
U of U Engineering Master’s Program
Of the 214 students who graduated with a Master’s in engineering from U of U in 2018, 75% were men and 25% were women.
The majority of the students with this major are white. About 54% of 2018 graduates were in this category.
The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from University of Utah with a master's in engineering.
|Ethnic Background||Number of Students|
|Black or African American||2|
|Hispanic or Latino||8|
Areas of Concentration for Engineering
Engineering students may decide to concentrate in one of the following focus areas. Individual focus areas may not be available for all degree levels.
Most Popular Related Majors
|Related Major||Annual Graduates|
|Computer & Information Sciences||549|
|Biological & Biomedical Sciences||267|
|Mathematics & Statistics||120|
|Architecture & Related Services||69|
- National Center for Education Statistics
- O*NET Online
- Image Credit: By University of Utah under License
|Request Info||Southern New Hampshire University You have goals. Southern New Hampshire University can help you get there. Whether you need a bachelor's degree to get into a career or want a master's degree to move up in your current career, SNHU has an online program for you. Find your degree from over 200 online programs. Learn More >|
|Request Info||Purdue University Building on Purdue’s mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Global delivers a fully personalized online experience that’s tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from the prestigious Purdue University system—completely online. Learn More >|
|Request Info||Grand Canyon University (GCU) With a spotlight on intellectual creativity and innovation for the 21stcentury, the College of Humanities and Social Sciences at GCU provides a job focused education. It blends the study of traditional humanities in a modern context. Through academic inquiry and beyond the box thinking, the college advances our society and its accomplishments. Learn More >|
|Request Info||Northcentral University Northcentral University (NCU) was founded to provide accessible, high-quality, online graduate degrees to working professionals. As a regionally accredited, online university, NCU serves students worldwide, focusing on Doctoral and Master's degree programs in the Schools of Business and Technology Management, Education, Psychology, and Marriage and Family Sciences. Learn More >|
|Request Info||Colorado Technical University (CTU) CTU could help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional community, faculty who are real-world professionals, and innovative technology. Learn More >|