All About Academics
What's the point of going to college without academics? Find out more about the faculty and staff, what majors and fields of study are offered at this college, and information on online classes if offered. Here are some of the things you'll learn in this section.
- The student to faculty (instructor) ratio.
- The Majors offered at this college.
- What online and distance learning options are available.
The total number of instructional staff teaching the 25,791 undergraduate students at Virginia Tech is 1,963. When this is adjusted to account for those with part-time status, the result is the "full-time equivalent" (FTE) count. Using the FTE count for students and staff results in a "student to instructor" ratio of 14 to 1 which makes Virginia Tech worse than the typical college regarding instructional attention.
|For every instructor (FTE) at Virginia Tech, there are 14 undergraduate students (FTE). This ratio is worse than the typical college concerning instructional attention.|
|The vast majority of the instructors (89.0%) are full-time.|
The vast majority of instructors (89.0%) are "faculty" rather than "lecturers".
Most Popular Majors Students Sign Up For
Virginia Tech offers 75 distinct undergraduate degrees, concentrated into 68 majors within 21 broad fields of study. Across all fields of study, Virginia Tech awarded 6,233 undergraduate degrees in 2016 - 2017.
|Most Popular Majors||Associates Graduations||Bachelors Graduations||All Graduations|
|Management Sciences & Quantitative Methods||0||337||337|
|Finance & Financial Management||0||280||280|
|Food, Nutrition & Related Services||0||276||276|
Additional Questions to Ask
- Are you looking for a lot of flexibility? Does this college offer online or summer classes that might help you finish your degree?
- Interested in graduate school? How many students from this college go on to achieve additional degrees?
- Will a degree from this school land you a job? How many graduates were employed full time a year after graduating?