Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Education at Western Governors University

Find Schools Near

Education at Western Governors University

We've pulled together some essential information you should know about the program, including how many students graduate each year, the ethnic diversity of these students, and more. We've also included details on how WGU ranks compared to other colleges offering a major in education.

Go directly to any of the following sections:

Education Degrees Available at WGU

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Education
  • Master’s Degree in Education

WGU Education Rankings

The education major at WGU is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Education. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Popular Online Education Schools 1
Most Popular Colleges for Education 2
Best Education Colleges for Non-Traditional Students 4
Best Education Colleges for Veterans 4
Most Focused Colleges for Education 227

Popularity of Education at WGU

During the 2017-2018 academic year, Western Governors University handed out 2073 bachelor's degrees in education. Due to this, the school was ranked #2 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is an increase of 36% over the previous year when 1,524 degrees were handed out.

In 2018, 3,523 students received their master’s degree in education from WGU. This makes it the #2 most popular school for education master’s degree candidates in the country.

WGU Education Students

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the education majors at Western Governors University.

WGU Education Bachelor’s Program

Of the 2,073 education students who graduated with a bachelor's degree in 2017-2018 from WGU, about 12% were men and 88% were women.

WGU Gender Breakdown of Education Bachelor's Degree Grads

The majority of bachelor's degree recipients in this major at WGU are white. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 84% of students fell into this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Western Governors University with a bachelor's in education.

Ethnic Diversity of Education Majors at Western Governors University
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 23
Black or African American 80
Hispanic or Latino 143
White 1,732
Non-Resident Aliens 1
Other Races 94

WGU Education Master’s Program

The education program at WGU awarded 3,523 master's degrees in 2017-2018. About 24% of these degrees went to men with the other 76% going to women.

WGU Gender Breakdown of Education Master's Degree Grads

The majority of master's degree recipients in this major at WGU are white. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 83% of students fell into this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Western Governors University with a master's in education.

Ethnic Diversity of Education Majors at Western Governors University
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 62
Black or African American 130
Hispanic or Latino 200
White 2,916
Non-Resident Aliens 2
Other Races 213

Areas of Concentration for Education

Education students may decide to concentrate in one of the following focus areas. Individual focus areas may not be available for all degree levels.

Concentration Annual Graduates
Teacher Education Grade Specific 1,409
Teacher Education Subject Specific 1,185
Curriculum & Instruction 901
Special Education 753
Instructional Media Design 639
Educational Administration 404
Educational Assessment 268
Teaching English or French 225

References

Find Schools Near You