2021 Best Colleges for Animal Science in Oregon
Animal Science is a popular major and Oregon is the 36th most popular state for students studying this major. 88 of the 7,614 Animal Science degrees awarded last year were given by schools in Oregon. With so many choices it can be a challenge finding the right fit. This year's Best Colleges for Animal Science in Oregon ranking analyzed 1 colleges and universities that offer a bachelor's degree in animal science. We look at over 20 factors to determine the top 0 colleges for Animal Science students in Oregon.
Choosing a Great Animal Science School
The animal science program you select can have a big impact on your future. This section explores some of the factors we include in our ranking and how much they vary depending on the school you select. To make it into this list a school must excel in the following areas.
Overall Quality is a Must
The overall quality of a school is important to ensure a good education, not just how well they do in a particular major. To account for this we include a college's overall Best Colleges ranking which itself looks at a collection of different factors like degree completion, educational resources, student body caliber and post-graduation earnings for the school as a whole.
Better Early and Mid Career Salaries
A animal science degree from colleges on this list usually translates into higher than average income following graduation. Recent animal science graduates from Oregon colleges with a bachelors degree earned an average of $24,100 in 2017-2018.
Other Factors We Consider
In addition to the above, you should consider some of the following factors:
- Major Focus - How much a school focuses on Animal Science students vs. other majors.
- Major Popularity - How many other animal science students choose this school.
- Accreditation - Whether a school is regionally accredited and/or a recognized animal science related accrediting body.
Our complete ranking methodology documents in more detail how we consider these factors to identify the best colleges for Animal Science students in Oregon.
Best Schools to Study Animal Science in Oregon
Best Animal Science Colleges in Oregon
Every student who is interested in animal science has to take a look at Oregon State University. Located in the city Corvallis, Oregon State is a public school with a fairly large student population.
Soon after graduation, animal science students usually earn an average of $24,100 in the first five years of their career.More… Request Information
Best Animal Science Colleges in the Far Western US Region
Explore all the Best Animal Science Colleges in the Far Western US Area or other specific states within that region.
Rankings in Majors Related to Animal Science
One of 13 majors within the Agriculture & Agriculture Operations area of study, Animal Science has other similar majors worth exploring.
Most Popular Majors Related to Animal Science
|Related Major||Annual Graduates|
|Agricultural Economics & Business||77|
|Food Science Technology||73|
Notes and References
- The bars on the spread charts above show the distribution of the schools on this list +/- one standard deviation from the mean.
- The Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), a branch of the U.S. Department of Education (DOE) serves as the core of the rest of our data about colleges.
- Some other college data, including much of the graduate earnings data, comes from the U.S. Department of Education’s (College Scorecard).
- Credit for the banner image above goes to Billy Hathorn. More about our data sources and methodologies.