2021 Best Colleges for Animal Science in Idaho
Animal Science is a popular major and Idaho is the 34th most popular state for students studying this major. 90 of the 7,614 Animal Science diplomas earned last year were given by schools in Idaho. With so many choices it can be a challenge finding the right fit. This year's Best Colleges for Animal Science in Idaho ranking analyzed 2 colleges and universities that offer a bachelor's degree in animal science. We look at over 20 factors to determine the top 0 colleges for Animal Science students in Idaho.
Choosing a Great Animal Science School
Your choice of animal science school matters. Important measures of a quality animal science program can vary widely even among the top schools. When choosing a school we recommend considering some of the following factors:
A Great Overall School
A school that excels in educating for a particular major must be a great school overall as well. To make it into this list a school must rank well in our overall Best Colleges ranking. This ranking considered factors such as graduation rates, overall graduate earnings and other educational resources to identify great colleges and universities.
Above Average Earnings After Graduation
Animal Science graduates from colleges on this list tend to earn more after college than those from other schools. Recent animal science graduates from Idaho colleges with a bachelors degree earned an average of $26,550 in 2017-2018.
Other Factors We Consider
In addition to the above, you should consider some of the following factors:
- Major Focus - How much a school focuses on Animal Science students vs. other majors.
- Major Popularity - How many other animal science students choose this school.
- Accreditation - Whether a school is regionally accredited and/or a recognized animal science related accrediting body.
Our full ranking methodology documents in more detail how we consider these factors to identify the best colleges for Animal Science students in Idaho.
Best Schools to Study Animal Science in Idaho
Best Animal Science Colleges in Idaho
University of Idaho is a good choice for students interested in a Animal Science degree. Located in the town Moscow, Idaho is a public school with a fairly large student population.
Students who graduate from the animal science program make an average of $26,800 in the first couple years of working.More… Request Information
It's difficult to beat Brigham Young University - Idaho if you wish to pursue animal science as a major. BYU - I is a fairly large private not-for-profit school located in the distant town of Rexburg.
Students who graduate from the animal science program make around $26,300 in their early career salary.More… Request Information
Best Animal Science Colleges in the Rocky Mountains Region
Explore all the Best Animal Science Colleges in the Rocky Mountains Area or other specific states within that region.
Animal Science Related Rankings by Major
Animal Science is one of 13 different types of Agriculture & Agriculture Operations programs to choose from.
Most Popular Related Majors
|Related Major||Annual Graduates|
|Agricultural Economics & Business||85|
|Food Science Technology||35|
Notes and References
- The bars on the spread charts above show the distribution of the schools on this list +/- one standard deviation from the mean.
- The Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), a branch of the U.S. Department of Education (DOE) serves as the core of the rest of our data about colleges.
- Some other college data, including much of the graduate earnings data, comes from the U.S. Department of Education’s (College Scorecard).
- Credit for the banner image above goes to Billy Hathorn. More about our data sources and methodologies.