Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Animal Science at University of Idaho

Find Schools Near

Animal Science at University of Idaho

The Animal Science major is part of the agriculture & agriculture operations program at University of Idaho.

We've gathered data and other essential information about the program, such as the average salary of graduates, ethnicity of students, how many students graduated in recent times, and more. Also, learn how Idaho ranks among other schools offering degrees in animal science.

Jump to any of the following sections:

Animal Science Degrees Available at Idaho

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Animal Science
  • Master’s Degree in Animal Science

Idaho Animal Science Rankings

The bachelor's program at Idaho was ranked #53 on College Factual's Best Schools for animal science list. It is also ranked #1 in Idaho.

Ranking Type Rank
Highest Paid Animal Science Graduates 36
Most Focused Colleges for Animal Science 46

Popularity of Animal Science at Idaho

During the 2017-2018 academic year, University of Idaho handed out 35 bachelor's degrees in animal science. Due to this, the school was ranked #65 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is an increase of 6% over the previous year when 33 degrees were handed out.

In 2018, 5 students received their master’s degree in animal science from Idaho. This makes it the #32 most popular school for animal science master’s degree candidates in the country.

How Much Do Animal Science Graduates from Idaho Make?

Salary of Animal Science Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

Animal Science majors who earn their bachelor's degree from Idaho go on to jobs where they make a median salary of $26,800 a year. This is less than $28,400, which is the national median of all animal science majors in the nation who earn bachelor's degrees.

undefined

How Much Student Debt Do Animal Science Graduates from Idaho Have?

Student Debt of Animal Science Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

While getting their bachelor's degree at Idaho, animal science students borrow a median amount of $23,500 in student loans. This is higher than the the typical median of $20,685 for all animal science majors across the country.

undefined

The typical student loan payment of a bachelor's degree student from the animal science program at Idaho is $244 per month.

Idaho Animal Science Students

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the animal science majors at University of Idaho.

Idaho Animal Science Bachelor’s Program

For the most recent academic year available, 29% of animal science bachelor's degrees went to men and 71% went to women.

Idaho Gender Breakdown of Animal Science Bachelor's Degree Grads

The majority of bachelor's degree recipients in this major at Idaho are white. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 83% of students fell into this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from University of Idaho with a bachelor's in animal science.

Ethnic Diversity of Animal Science Majors at University of Idaho
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 2
White 29
Non-Resident Aliens 0
Other Races 4

Idaho Animal Science Master’s Program

The animal science program at Idaho awarded 5 master's degrees in 2017-2018. About 40% of these degrees went to men with the other 60% going to women.

Idaho Gender Breakdown of Animal Science Master's Degree Grads

The majority of master's degree recipients in this major at Idaho are white. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 80% of students fell into this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from University of Idaho with a master's in animal science.

Ethnic Diversity of Animal Science Majors at University of Idaho
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 4
Non-Resident Aliens 1
Other Races 0

Areas of Concentration for Animal Science

Animal Science students may decide to concentrate in one of the following focus areas. Individual focus areas may not be available for all degree levels.

Concentration Annual Graduates
Animal Sciences, General 40

Majors Similar to Animal Science

Related Major Annual Graduates
Agricultural Economics & Business 33
Plant Sciences 29
Food Science Technology 15
Agricultural Public Services 14
Agricultural Mechanization 12

View All Animal Science Related Majors >

References

Find Schools Near You