2021 Best Colleges for General Biology in Delaware
General Biology is a popular major and Delaware is the 49th most popular state for students studying this major. 228 of the 97,754 General Biology degrees earned last year were given by schools in Delaware. With so many options it can be difficult finding the right fit. This year's Best Colleges for General Biology in Delaware ranking analyzed 1 colleges and universities that offer a bachelor's degree in general biology. We look at over 20 factors to determine the top 0 colleges for General Biology students in Delaware.
Choosing a Great General Biology School
Your choice of general biology school matters. This section explores some of the factors we include in our ranking and how much they vary depending on the school you select. To make it into this list a school must excel in the following areas.
Overall Quality is a Must
A school that excels in educating for a particular major must be a great school overall as well. To make it into this list a school must rank well in our overall Best Colleges ranking. This ranking considered factors such as graduation rates, overall graduate earnings and other educational resources to identify great colleges and universities.
Better Early and Mid Career Salaries
A general biology degree from colleges on this list usually translates into higher than average salaries following graduation. A general biology bachelors degree from a school in Delaware helped students who graduated in 2015-2017 earn $33,600 a couple years later.
Other Factors We Consider
In addition to the above, you should consider some of the following factors:
- Major Focus - How much a school focuses on General Biology students vs. other majors.
- Major Popularity - How many other general biology students choose this school.
- Accreditation - Whether a school is regionally accredited and/or a recognized general biology related accrediting body.
Our complete ranking methodology documents in more detail how we consider these factors to identify the best colleges for General Biology students in Delaware.
Best Schools to Study General Biology in Delaware
Best Biology Colleges in Delaware
University of Delaware is one of the finest schools in the United States for general biology. U of Delaware is a very large public school located in the large suburb of Newark.
Graduates of the biology program state that they receive average early career income of $33,600.More… Request Information
Best General Biology Colleges in the Middle Atlantic Region
Explore all the Best General Biology Schools in the Middle Atlantic Area or other specific states within that region.
|District of Columbia||183||429|
Rankings in Majors Related to Biology
General Biology is one of 14 different types of Biological & Biomedical Sciences programs to choose from.
Majors Similar to Biology
|Related Major||Annual Graduates|
|Neurobiology & Neurosciences||86|
|Cell Biology & Anatomical Sciences||50|
|Ecology, Evolution & Systematics Biology||41|
|Biochemistry, Biophysics & Molecular Biology||28|
|Biomathematics & Bioinformatics||15|
Notes and References
- The bars on the spread charts above show the distribution of the schools on this list +/- one standard deviation from the mean.
- The Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), a branch of the U.S. Department of Education (DOE) serves as the core of the rest of our data about colleges.
- Some other college data, including much of the graduate earnings data, comes from the U.S. Department of Education’s (College Scorecard).
- Credit for the banner image above goes to Janderk. More about our data sources and methodologies.