2021 Best Colleges for General Biology in Maine
General Biology is a popular major and Maine is the 45th most popular state for students studying this major. 342 of the 97,754 General Biology diplomas awarded last year were given by schools in Maine. With so many choices it can be a daunting task finding the right fit. This year's Best Colleges for General Biology in Maine ranking analyzed 2 colleges and universities that offer a bachelor's degree in general biology. We look at over 20 factors to determine the top 0 colleges for General Biology students in Maine.
Choosing a Great General Biology School
The biology program you select can have a big impact on your future. Important measures of a quality biology program can vary widely even among the top schools. When choosing a school we recommend considering some of the following factors:
A Great Overall School
The overall quality of a school is important to ensure a quality education, not just how well they do in a particular major. To account for this we consider a college's overall Best Colleges ranking which itself looks at a collection of different factors like degree completion, educational resources, student body caliber and post-graduation earnings for the school as a whole.
Above Average Earnings After Graduation
General Biology graduates from schools on this list tend to earn more after college than those from other schools. Recent general biology graduates from Maine schools with a bachelors degree earned an average of $29,900 in 2017-2018.
Other Factors We Consider
In addition to the above, you should consider some of the following factors:
- Major Focus - How much a school focuses on General Biology students vs. other majors.
- Major Popularity - How many other general biology students choose this school.
- Accreditation - Whether a school is regionally accredited and/or a recognized general biology related accrediting body.
Our full ranking methodology documents in more detail how we consider these factors to identify the best colleges for General Biology students in Maine.
Best Schools to Study General Biology in Maine
Best Biology Colleges in Maine
University of New England is a great decision for individuals interested in a General Biology degree. Located in the suburb Biddeford, UNE is a private not-for-profit college with a moderately-sized student population.
Soon after graduation, biology students usually earn around $33,100 in the first five years of their career.More… Request Information
Any student who is interested in general biology has to look into University of Maine. UMaine is a fairly large public school located in the suburb of Orono.
Grads of the biology program state that they receive average early career income of $26,700.More… Request Information
Best General Biology Colleges in the New England Region
Explore all the Best General Biology Schools in the New England Area or other specific states within that region.
More General Biology Rankings in Maine
General Biology Related Rankings by Major
One of 14 majors within the Biological & Biomedical Sciences area of study, General Biology has other similar majors worth exploring.
Most Popular Majors Related to Biology
|Related Major||Annual Graduates|
|Biochemistry, Biophysics & Molecular Biology||75|
|Neurobiology & Neurosciences||69|
|Ecology, Evolution & Systematics Biology||64|
|Microbiological Sciences & Immunology||15|
Notes and References
- The bars on the spread charts above show the distribution of the schools on this list +/- one standard deviation from the mean.
- The Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), a branch of the U.S. Department of Education (DOE) serves as the core of the rest of our data about colleges.
- Some other college data, including much of the graduate earnings data, comes from the U.S. Department of Education’s (College Scorecard).
- Credit for the banner image above goes to Janderk. More about our data sources and methodologies.