2021 Best Colleges for General Biology in Vermont
General Biology is a popular major and Vermont is the 50th most popular state for students studying this major. 218 of the 97,754 General Biology degrees earned last year were given by colleges in Vermont. With so many options it can be a challenge finding the right fit. This year's Best Colleges for General Biology in Vermont ranking analyzed 3 colleges and universities that offer a bachelor's degree in general biology. We look at over 20 factors to determine the top 0 colleges for General Biology students in Vermont.
Choosing a Great General Biology School
Your choice of general biology school matters. This section explores some of the factors we include in our ranking and how much they vary depending on the school you select. When choosing a school we recommend considering some of the following factors:
A Great Overall School
A school that excels in educating for a particular major must be a great school overall as well. To make it into this list a school must rank well in our overall Best Colleges ranking. This ranking considered factors such as graduation rates, overall graduate earnings and other educational resources to identify great colleges and universities.
Above Average Earnings After Graduation
A general biology degree from schools on this list typically results in higher than average income following graduation. Recent general biology graduates from Vermont schools with a bachelors degree earned an average of $31,633 in 2017-2018.
Other Factors We Consider
In addition to the above, you should consider some of the following factors:
- Major Focus - How much a school focuses on General Biology students vs. other majors.
- Major Popularity - How many other general biology students choose this school.
- Accreditation - Whether a school is regionally accredited and/or a recognized general biology related accrediting body.
Our full ranking methodology documents in more detail how we consider these factors to identify the best colleges for General Biology students in Vermont.
Best Schools to Study General Biology in Vermont
Best Biology Colleges in Vermont
It's hard to beat University of Vermont if you wish to pursue general biology as a major. UVM is a fairly large public school located in the city of Burlington.
Graduates of the biology program earn an average of $32,300 in their early career salary.More… Request Information
It's hard to beat Saint Michael's College if you wish to pursue general biology as a major. Located in the medium-sized suburb Colchester, Saint Michael's is a private not-for-profit school with a small student population.
Graduates of the biology program state that they receive average early career wages of $30,000.More… Request Information
It is hard to beat Norwich University if you wish to study general biology. Located in the distant town Northfield, Norwich is a private not-for-profit college with a small student population.
Graduates of the biology program make about $32,600 in their early career salary.More… Request Information
Best General Biology Colleges in the New England Region
Explore all the Best General Biology Schools in the New England Area or other specific states within that region.
Rankings in Majors Related to Biology
General Biology is one of 14 different types of Biological & Biomedical Sciences programs to choose from.
Most Popular Majors Related to Biology
|Related Major||Annual Graduates|
|Neurobiology & Neurosciences||130|
|Biochemistry, Biophysics & Molecular Biology||89|
|Microbiological Sciences & Immunology||18|
Notes and References
- The bars on the spread charts above show the distribution of the schools on this list +/- one standard deviation from the mean.
- The Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), a branch of the U.S. Department of Education (DOE) serves as the core of the rest of our data about colleges.
- Some other college data, including much of the graduate earnings data, comes from the U.S. Department of Education’s (College Scorecard).
- Credit for the banner image above goes to Janderk. More about our data sources and methodologies.