2021 Best Colleges for General Biology in Oklahoma
General Biology is a popular major and Oklahoma is the 35th most popular state for students studying this major. 628 of the 97,754 General Biology diplomas awarded last year were given by colleges in Oklahoma. With so many choices it can be a challenge finding the best choice. This year's Best Colleges for General Biology in Oklahoma ranking analyzed 2 colleges and universities that offer a bachelor's degree in general biology. We look at over 20 factors to determine the top 0 colleges for General Biology students in Oklahoma.
Choosing a Great General Biology School
The biology program you select can have a big impact on your future. Important measures of a quality biology program can vary widely even among the top schools. When choosing a school we recommend considering some of the following factors:
A Great Overall School
The overall quality of a school is important to ensure a quality education, not just how well they do in a particular major. To take this into account we include a college's overall Best Colleges ranking which itself looks at a collection of various factors like degree completion, educational resources, student body caliber and post-graduation earnings for the school as a whole.
Above Average Earnings After Graduation
General Biology graduates from schools on this list tend to earn more after college than those from other schools. Recent general biology graduates from Oklahoma colleges with a bachelors degree earned an average of $31,450 in 2017-2018.
Other Factors We Consider
In addition to the above, you should consider some of the following factors:
- Major Focus - How much a school focuses on General Biology students vs. other majors.
- Major Popularity - How many other general biology students choose this school.
- Accreditation - Whether a school is regionally accredited and/or a recognized general biology related accrediting body.
Our complete ranking methodology documents in more detail how we consider these factors to identify the best schools for General Biology students in Oklahoma.
Best Schools to Study General Biology in Oklahoma
Best Biology Colleges in Oklahoma
University of Central Oklahoma is one of the best schools in the United States for general biology. UCO is a fairly large public school located in the suburb of Edmond.
Soon after graduating, biology students usually make about $32,200 at the beginning of their careers.More… Request Information
Northeastern State University is one of the finest schools in the United States for general biology. NSU is a moderately-sized public school located in the town of Tahlequah.
After graduating, biology students usually make about $30,700 at the beginning of their careers.More… Request Information
Best General Biology Colleges in the Southwest Region
Explore all the Best General Biology Schools in the Southwest Area or other specific states within that region.
General Biology Related Rankings by Major
One of 14 majors within the Biological & Biomedical Sciences area of study, General Biology has other similar majors worth exploring.
Most Popular Majors Related to Biology
|Related Major||Annual Graduates|
|Biochemistry, Biophysics & Molecular Biology||159|
|Microbiological Sciences & Immunology||134|
|Ecology, Evolution & Systematics Biology||97|
|Biological & Biomedical Sciences (Other)||76|
Notes and References
- The bars on the spread charts above show the distribution of the schools on this list +/- one standard deviation from the mean.
- The Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), a branch of the U.S. Department of Education (DOE) serves as the core of the rest of our data about colleges.
- Some other college data, including much of the graduate earnings data, comes from the U.S. Department of Education’s (College Scorecard).
- Credit for the banner image above goes to Janderk. More about our data sources and methodologies.