2021 Top Alabama Women's D3 Basketball Schools
It's not easy to decide which college to attend when there are so many options available for student athletes. College Factual was founded, in part, to help students make the decision as to what would be the best school for them. Our Best Colleges for Division III Women's Basketball in Alabama ranking is part of that endeavor.
We analyzed 2 colleges and universities across Alabama to determine which were the best for D3 Women's Basketball athletes in Alabama. Our ranking methodology focuses a number of different objective factors - such as the overall quality of the school, the school's athletic competitiveness, and the amount of athletic aid per student - to make this determination. Having a great sports team is not enough - the school must also focus on academic excellence.
We've developed a number of other tools and rankings to help you make your college decision. Start by filtering this list by location and then explore our other rankings that feature schools great for different groups of students such as online students or returnings adults.
You can create your own custom comparison that focuses on the factors most important to you using our tool, College Combat. If you're torn between two schools, you can use it to help you see how they stack up against one another. Bookmark it so you can compare any new schools that might interest you.
Top Colleges in Alabama for D3 Women's Basketball athletes in Alabama
See which schools came out on top of our ranking:
Our 2021 rankings named Birmingham Southern College the best school for D3 Women’s Basketball athletes in Alabama working on their bachelor’s degree. BSC is a small private not-for-profit school situated in Birmingham, Alabama. It awarded 354 bachelor’s degrees in 2018-2019.
The D3 Women’s Basketball team at BSC brought home $174,385 in revenue in a single year.
BSC did well in our overall quality rankings, too. It placed #5 on our overall quality list.Request Information
You’ll be in good company if you decide to attend Huntingdon College. It ranked #2 on our 2021 Best Colleges for D3 Women’s Basketball athletes in Alabama list. Huntingdon College is located in Montgomery, Alabama and, has a small student population. In 2018-2019, this school awarded 265 bachelor’s degrees to qualified undergraduates.
Speaking financially, the D3 Women’s Basketball team at Huntingdon College took home $220,341 in revenue.Request Information
Notes and References
*Avg Tuition and Fees and Avg 4-Year Grad Rate are for the top 2 schools only.
- The Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), a branch of the U.S. Department of Education (DOE) serves as the core of our data about colleges.
- Revenue and expense information comes from the U.S. Department of Education’s Equity in Athletics Data Analysis (EADA) website.
- The academic progress rate (APR) of each team was made available by the NCAA.
- Some other college data, including much of the graduate earnings data, comes from the U.S. Department of Education’s (College Scorecard).
- Information about the national average student loan default rate is from the U.S. Department of Education and refers to data about the 2016 borrower cohort tracking period for which the cohort default rate (CDR) was 10.1%.
More about our data sources and methodologies.