Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Parks, Recreation, Leisure, & Fitness Studies at California Baptist University

Find Schools Near

Parks, Recreation, Leisure, & Fitness Studies at California Baptist University

Here, you'll find out more about the major, including such details as the number of graduates, what degree levels are offered, ethnicity of students, and more. In addition, we cover how Cal Baptist ranks in comparison to other schools with parks and rec programs.

Jump to any of the following sections:

Parks, Recreation, Leisure, & Fitness Studies Degrees Available at Cal Baptist

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Parks & Rec
  • Master’s Degree in Parks & Rec

Cal Baptist Parks & Rec Rankings

The bachelor's program at Cal Baptist was ranked #198 on College Factual's Best Schools for parks and rec list. It is also ranked #15 in California.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Popular Online Parks, Recreation, Leisure, & Fitness Studies Schools 7
Best Online Parks, Recreation, Leisure, & Fitness Studies Schools 14
Best Parks, Recreation, Leisure, & Fitness Studies Colleges for Non-Traditional Students 128
Most Popular Colleges for Parks, Recreation, Leisure, & Fitness Studies 145
Best Parks, Recreation, Leisure, & Fitness Studies Colleges for Veterans 177
Best Colleges for Parks, Recreation, Leisure, & Fitness Studies 198
Highest Paid Parks, Recreation, Leisure, & Fitness Studies Graduates 250
Most Focused Colleges for Parks, Recreation, Leisure, & Fitness Studies 281
Best Value Colleges for Parks, Recreation, Leisure, & Fitness Studies 345

Popularity of Parks & Rec at Cal Baptist

During the 2018-2019 academic year, California Baptist University handed out 110 bachelor's degrees in parks, recreation, leisure, and fitness studies. Due to this, the school was ranked #145 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is a decrease of 5% over the previous year when 116 degrees were handed out.

In 2019, 77 students received their master’s degree in parks and rec from Cal Baptist. This makes it the #17 most popular school for parks and rec master’s degree candidates in the country.

Cal Baptist Parks & Rec Students

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the parks and rec majors at California Baptist University.

Cal Baptist Parks, Recreation, Leisure, & Fitness Studies Bachelor’s Program

For the most recent academic year available, 52% of parks and rec bachelor's degrees went to men and 48% went to women.

Cal Baptist Gender Breakdown of Parks, Recreation, Leisure, & Fitness Studies Bachelor's Degree Grads

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from California Baptist University with a bachelor's in parks and rec.

Ethnic Diversity of Parks, Recreation, Leisure, & Fitness Studies Majors at California Baptist University
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 6
Black or African American 11
Hispanic or Latino 41
White 37
Non-Resident Aliens 1
Other Races 14

Cal Baptist Parks, Recreation, Leisure, & Fitness Studies Master’s Program

In the 2018-2019 academic year, 77 students earned a master's degree in parks and rec from Cal Baptist. About 49% of these graduates were women and the other 51% were men.

Cal Baptist Gender Breakdown of Parks, Recreation, Leisure, & Fitness Studies Master's Degree Grads

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from California Baptist University with a master's in parks and rec.

Ethnic Diversity of Parks, Recreation, Leisure, & Fitness Studies Majors at California Baptist University
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 2
Black or African American 7
Hispanic or Latino 32
White 25
Non-Resident Aliens 8
Other Races 3

Parks & Rec Majors

Parks, Recreation, Leisure, and Fitness Studies students may decide to major in one of the following focus areas. Individual majors may not be available for all degree levels.

Major Annual Graduates
Health & Physical Education 187

Majors Similar to Parks & Rec

Related Major Annual Graduates
Public Administration & Social Service 142
Homeland Security, Law Enforcement & Firefighting 63

View All Parks, Recreation, Leisure, & Fitness Studies Related Majors >

References

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You