Mathematics & Statistics at Central Connecticut State University

Mathematics & Statistics at Central Connecticut State University

Here, you'll find out more about the major, including such details as the number of graduates, what degree levels are offered, ethnicity of students, and more. We've also included details on how CCSU ranks compared to other colleges offering a major in mathematics and statistics.

Go directly to any of the following sections:

Mathematics & Statistics Degrees Available at CCSU

CCSU Mathematics & Statistics Rankings

The bachelor's program at CCSU was ranked #199 on College Factual's Best Schools for mathematics and statistics list. It is also ranked #4 in Connecticut.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Value Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Mathematics & Statistics 137
Best Mathematics & Statistics Master’s Degree Schools 144
Most Focused Master’s Degree Colleges for Mathematics & Statistics 149
Best Value Master’s Degree Colleges for Mathematics & Statistics 168
Most Popular Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Mathematics & Statistics 177
Most Popular Master’s Degree Colleges for Mathematics & Statistics 194
Best Mathematics & Statistics Bachelor’s Degree Schools 194
Most Focused Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Mathematics & Statistics 285

Popularity of Mathematics & Statistics at CCSU

During the 2019-2020 academic year, Central Connecticut State University handed out 42 bachelor's degrees in mathematics and statistics. Due to this, the school was ranked #215 in popularity out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is an increase of 31% over the previous year when 32 degrees were handed out.

In 2020, 13 students received their master’s degree in mathematics and statistics from CCSU. This makes it the #178 most popular school for mathematics and statistics master’s degree candidates in the country.

CCSU Mathematics & Statistics Students

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the mathematics and statistics majors at Central Connecticut State University.

CCSU Mathematics & Statistics Bachelor’s Program

In the 2019-2020 academic year, 42 students earned a bachelor's degree in mathematics and statistics from CCSU. About 43% of these graduates were women and the other 57% were men.

undefined

The majority of bachelor's degree recipients in this major at CCSU are white. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 64% of students fell into this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Central Connecticut State University with a bachelor's in mathematics and statistics.

undefined
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 3
Black or African American 3
Hispanic or Latino 3
White 27
Non-Resident Aliens 2
Other Races 4

CCSU Mathematics & Statistics Master’s Program

Of the 11 students who earned a master's degree in Mathematics & Statistics from CCSU in 2019-2020, 27% were men and 73% were women.

undefined

The majority of the students with this major are white. About 91% of 2020 graduates were in this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Central Connecticut State University with a master's in mathematics and statistics.

undefined
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 10
Non-Resident Aliens 0
Other Races 1

Mathematics & Statistics Majors

Mathematics and Statistics students may decide to major in one of the following focus areas. Individual majors may not be available for all degree levels.

Major Annual Graduates
Mathematics 53

Related Major Annual Graduates
Biological & Biomedical Sciences 171
Computer & Information Sciences 115
Engineering Technologies 84
Engineering 67
Physical Sciences 38

View All Mathematics & Statistics Related Majors >

References

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Find Schools Near You