Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Mathematics at Central Connecticut State University

Find Schools Near

Mathematics at Central Connecticut State University

The Mathematics major is part of the mathematics & statistics program at Central Connecticut State University.

We've gathered data and other essential information about the program, such as the average salary of graduates, ethnicity of students, how many students graduated in recent times, and more. In addition, we cover how CCSU ranks in comparison to other schools with math programs.

Go directly to any of the following sections:

Mathematics Degrees Available at CCSU

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Math
  • Master’s Degree in Math

CCSU Math Rankings

The bachelor's program at CCSU was ranked #272 on College Factual's Best Schools for math list. It is also ranked #8 in Connecticut.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Popular Colleges for Mathematics 143
Best Mathematics Colleges for Non-Traditional Students 159
Most Focused Colleges for Mathematics 262
Best Colleges for Mathematics 272
Best Value Colleges for Mathematics 310
Highest Paid Mathematics Graduates 339

Popularity of Math at CCSU

During the 2017-2018 academic year, Central Connecticut State University handed out 32 bachelor's degrees in mathematics. Due to this, the school was ranked #143 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is a decrease of 16% over the previous year when 38 degrees were handed out.

In 2018, 17 students received their master’s degree in math from CCSU. This makes it the #35 most popular school for math master’s degree candidates in the country.

How Much Do Math Graduates from CCSU Make?

Salary of Math Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

Math majors who earn their bachelor's degree from CCSU go on to jobs where they make a median salary of $49,500 a year. This is great news for graduates of the program, since this figure is higher than the national average of $42,600 for all math bachelor's degree recipients.

undefined

How Much Student Debt Do Math Graduates from CCSU Have?

Student Debt of Math Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

While getting their bachelor's degree at CCSU, math students borrow a median amount of $20,000 in student loans. This is not too bad considering that the median debt load of all math bachelor's degree recipients across the country is $21,750.

undefined

The typical student loan payment of a bachelor's degree student from the math program at CCSU is $208 per month.

Math Student Diversity at CCSU

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the math majors at Central Connecticut State University.

CCSU Mathematics Bachelor’s Program

Of the 32 math students who graduated with a bachelor's degree in 2017-2018 from CCSU, about 62% were men and 38% were women.

CCSU Gender Breakdown of Mathematics Bachelor's Degree Grads

The majority of the students with this major are white. About 88% of 2018 graduates were in this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Central Connecticut State University with a bachelor's in math.

Ethnic Diversity of Mathematics Majors at Central Connecticut State University
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 2
Black or African American 1
Hispanic or Latino 1
White 28
Non-Resident Aliens 0
Other Races 0

CCSU Mathematics Master’s Program

The math program at CCSU awarded 17 master's degrees in 2017-2018. About 65% of these degrees went to men with the other 35% going to women.

CCSU Gender Breakdown of Mathematics Master's Degree Grads

The majority of the students with this major are white. About 59% of 2018 graduates were in this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Central Connecticut State University with a master's in math.

Ethnic Diversity of Mathematics Majors at Central Connecticut State University
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 1
Black or African American 3
Hispanic or Latino 2
White 10
Non-Resident Aliens 1
Other Races 0

Areas of Concentration for Math

Mathematics students may decide to concentrate in one of the following focus areas. Individual focus areas may not be available for all degree levels.

Concentration Annual Graduates
General Mathematics 49

Related Major Annual Graduates
Applied Mathematics 3

View All Mathematics Related Majors >

References

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You