Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Information Technology at Central Washington University

Find Schools Near

Information Technology at Central Washington University

The Information Technology major is part of the computer & information sciences program at Central Washington University.

Here, you'll find out more about the major, including such details as the number of graduates, what degree levels are offered, ethnicity of students, and more. Also, learn how CWU ranks among other schools offering degrees in IT.

Go directly to any of the following sections:

Information Technology Degrees Available at CWU

  • Bachelor’s Degree in IT
  • Master’s Degree in IT

CWU IT Rankings

The IT major at CWU is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Information Technology. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Popularity of IT at CWU

During the 2017-2018 academic year, Central Washington University handed out 42 bachelor's degrees in information technology. Due to this, the school was ranked #35 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is a decrease of 5% over the previous year when 44 degrees were handed out.

In 2018, 20 students received their master’s degree in IT from CWU. This makes it the #56 most popular school for IT master’s degree candidates in the country.

IT Student Diversity at CWU

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the IT majors at Central Washington University.

CWU Information Technology Bachelor’s Program

In the 2017-2018 academic year, 42 students earned a bachelor's degree in IT from CWU. About 5% of these graduates were women and the other 95% were men.

CWU Gender Breakdown of Information Technology Bachelor's Degree Grads

The majority of the students with this major are white. About 55% of 2018 graduates were in this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Central Washington University with a bachelor's in IT.

Ethnic Diversity of Information Technology Majors at Central Washington University
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 3
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 4
White 23
Non-Resident Aliens 4
Other Races 8

CWU Information Technology Master’s Program

Of the 20 students who earned a master's degree in Information Technology from CWU in 2017-2018, 55% were men and 45% were women.

CWU Gender Breakdown of Information Technology Master's Degree Grads

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Central Washington University with a master's in IT.

Ethnic Diversity of Information Technology Majors at Central Washington University
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 3
Black or African American 4
Hispanic or Latino 3
White 8
Non-Resident Aliens 1
Other Races 1

Areas of Concentration for IT

Information Technology students may decide to concentrate in one of the following focus areas. Individual focus areas may not be available for all degree levels.

Concentration Annual Graduates
Computer & IS Security 53
System, Networking, & LAN/WAN Management/Manager 9

Related Major Annual Graduates
Computer Science 48
Computer Information Systems 47
Computer Software & Applications 13

View All Information Technology Related Majors >

References

Find Schools Near You