All About Academics
What's the point of going to college without academics? Find out more about the faculty and staff, what majors and fields of study are offered at this college, and information on online classes if offered. Here are some of the things you'll learn in this section.
- The student to faculty (instructor) ratio.
- The Majors offered at this college.
- What online and distance learning options are available.
The total number of instructional staff teaching the 2,853 undergraduate students at Colgate University is 319. When this is adjusted to account for those with part-time status, the result is the "full-time equivalent" (FTE) count. Using the FTE count for students and staff results in a "student to instructor" ratio of 9 to 1 which places Colgate University among the best concerning instructional attention.
|For every instructor (FTE) at Colgate University, there are 9 undergraduate students (FTE). This ratio is among the best regarding instructional attention.|
|The vast majority of the instructors (97.0%) are full-time.|
The vast majority of instructors (94.0%) are "faculty" rather than "lecturers".
Most Popular Majors
Colgate University offers 52 distinct undergraduate degrees, concentrated into 41 majors within 16 broad fields of study. Across all fields of study, Colgate University awarded 835 undergraduate degrees in 2015 - 2016.
|Most Popular Majors||Associates Graduations||Bachelors Graduations||All Graduations|
|Political Science & Government||0||70||70|
|General English Literature||0||52||52|
|International Relations & National Security||0||52||52|
Additional Questions to Ask
- Are you looking for a lot of flexibility? Does this college offer online or summer classes that might help you finish your degree?
- Interested in graduate school? How many students from this college go on to achieve additional degrees?
- Will a degree from this school land you a job? How many graduates were employed full time a year after graduating?