General English Literature at Colgate University

General English Literature at Colgate University

The General English Literature major is part of the english language & literature program at Colgate University.

We've gathered data and other essential information about the program, such as the average salary of graduates, ethnicity of students, how many students graduated in recent times, and more. We've also included details on how Colgate ranks compared to other colleges offering a major in English.

Jump to any of the following sections:

General English Literature Degrees Available at Colgate

Colgate English Rankings

In College Factual's most recent rankings for the best schools for English majors, Colgate came in at #12. This puts it in the top 5% of the country in this field of study. It is also ranked #2 in New York.

Ranking Type Rank
Best General English Literature Bachelor’s Degree Schools 12
Most Focused Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for General English Literature 42
Most Popular Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for General English Literature 203
Most Popular Master’s Degree Colleges for General English Literature 376
Most Focused Master’s Degree Colleges for General English Literature 376
Best Value Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for General English Literature 577

Popularity of English at Colgate

During the 2019-2020 academic year, Colgate University handed out 49 bachelor's degrees in general English literature. Due to this, the school was ranked #243 in popularity out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is an increase of 96% over the previous year when 25 degrees were handed out.

How Much Do English Graduates from Colgate Make?

Salary of English Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

The median salary of English students who receive their bachelor's degree at Colgate is $35,900. This is great news for graduates of the program, since this figure is higher than the national average of $26,850 for all English bachelor's degree recipients.

undefined

How Much Student Debt Do English Graduates from Colgate Have?

Student Debt of English Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

While getting their bachelor's degree at Colgate, English students borrow a median amount of $17,125 in student loans. This is not too bad considering that the median debt load of all English bachelor's degree recipients across the country is $23,250.

undefined

The typical student loan payment of a bachelor's degree student from the English program at Colgate is $178 per month.

Colgate English Students

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the English majors at Colgate University.

Colgate General English Literature Bachelor’s Program

In the 2019-2020 academic year, 49 students earned a bachelor's degree in English from Colgate. About 73% of these graduates were women and the other 27% were men.

undefined

The majority of bachelor's degree recipients in this major at Colgate are white. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 76% of students fell into this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Colgate University with a bachelor's in English.

undefined
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 2
Black or African American 3
Hispanic or Latino 4
White 37
Non-Resident Aliens 1
Other Races 2

References

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Find Schools Near You