Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Communication & Journalism at Ithaca College

Find Schools Near

Communication & Journalism at Ithaca College

We've pulled together some essential information you should know about the program, including how many students graduate each year, the ethnic diversity of these students, and more. Also, learn how Ithaca ranks among other schools offering degrees in communication and journalism.

Go directly to any of the following sections:

Communication & Journalism Degrees Available at Ithaca

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Communication & Journalism
  • Master’s Degree in Communication & Journalism

Ithaca Communication & Journalism Rankings

Ranked at #6 in College Factual's most recent rankings, Ithaca is in the top 1% of the country for communication and journalism students pursuing a bachelor's degree. It is also ranked #2 in New York.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Colleges for Communication & Journalism 6
Best Communication & Journalism Colleges for Veterans 17
Most Popular Colleges for Communication & Journalism 59
Best Value Colleges for Communication & Journalism 119

Popularity of Communication & Journalism at Ithaca

During the 2017-2018 academic year, Ithaca College handed out 352 bachelor's degrees in communication and journalism. Due to this, the school was ranked #59 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is a decrease of 4% over the previous year when 368 degrees were handed out.

In 2018, 4 students received their master’s degree in communication and journalism from Ithaca. This makes it the #321 most popular school for communication and journalism master’s degree candidates in the country.

Ithaca Communication & Journalism Students

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the communication and journalism majors at Ithaca College.

Ithaca Communication & Journalism Bachelor’s Program

In the 2017-2018 academic year, 352 students earned a bachelor's degree in communication and journalism from Ithaca. About 59% of these graduates were women and the other 41% were men.

Ithaca Gender Breakdown of Communication & Journalism Bachelor's Degree Grads

The majority of the students with this major are white. About 76% of 2018 graduates were in this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Ithaca College with a bachelor's in communication and journalism.

Ethnic Diversity of Communication & Journalism Majors at Ithaca College
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 16
Black or African American 22
Hispanic or Latino 22
White 269
Non-Resident Aliens 3
Other Races 20

Ithaca Communication & Journalism Master’s Program

Of the 4 students who graduated with a Master’s in communication and journalism from Ithaca in 2018, 25% were men and 75% were women.

Ithaca Gender Breakdown of Communication & Journalism Master's Degree Grads

The majority of the students with this major are white. About 100% of 2018 graduates were in this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Ithaca College with a master's in communication and journalism.

Ethnic Diversity of Communication & Journalism Majors at Ithaca College
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 4
Non-Resident Aliens 0
Other Races 0

Areas of Concentration for Communication & Journalism

Communication and Journalism students may decide to concentrate in one of the following focus areas. Individual focus areas may not be available for all degree levels.

Concentration Annual Graduates
Public Relations & Advertising 149
Radio, Television & Digital Communication 143
Journalism 50
Communication & Media Studies 14

Related Major Annual Graduates
Education 88
Social Sciences 78
Psychology 50
History 10

View All Communication & Journalism Related Majors >

References

Find Schools Near You