Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Education at Liberty University

Find Schools Near

Education at Liberty University

We've pulled together some essential information you should know about the program, including how many students graduate each year, the ethnic diversity of these students, and more. We've also included details on how Liberty University ranks compared to other colleges offering a major in education.

Jump to any of the following sections:

Education Degrees Available at Liberty University

  • Certificate (Less Than 1 Year) in Education
  • Associate’s Degree in Education
  • Bachelor’s Degree in Education
  • Master’s Degree in Education
  • Doctorate Degree in Education

Liberty University Education Rankings

The bachelor's program at Liberty University was ranked #343 on College Factual's Best Schools for education list. It is also ranked #3 in Virginia.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Education Colleges for Non-Traditional Students 195
Best Value Colleges for Education 293
Best Colleges for Education 343
Most Focused Colleges for Education 545

Popularity of Education at Liberty University

During the 2018-2019 academic year, Liberty University handed out 622 bachelor's degrees in education. Due to this, the school was ranked #4 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is a decrease of 14% over the previous year when 723 degrees were handed out.

In 2019, 1,290 students received their master’s degree in education from Liberty University. This makes it the #7 most popular school for education master’s degree candidates in the country.

In addition, 200 students received their doctoral degrees in education in 2019, making the school the #7 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

Liberty University Education Students

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the education majors at Liberty University.

Liberty University Education Associate’s Program

During the 2018-2019 academic year, 140 students graduated with a bachelor's degree in education from Liberty University. About 6% were men and 94% were women.

Liberty University Gender Breakdown of Education Associate's Degree Grads

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Liberty University with a associate's in education.

Ethnic Diversity of Education Majors at Liberty University
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 1
Black or African American 19
Hispanic or Latino 6
White 65
Non-Resident Aliens 1
Other Races 48

Liberty University Education Bachelor’s Program

The education program at Liberty University awarded 622 bachelor's degrees in 2018-2019. About 8% of these degrees went to men with the other 92% going to women.

Liberty University Gender Breakdown of Education Bachelor's Degree Grads

The majority of the students with this major are white. About 55% of 2019 graduates were in this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Liberty University with a bachelor's in education.

Ethnic Diversity of Education Majors at Liberty University
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 6
Black or African American 59
Hispanic or Latino 28
White 340
Non-Resident Aliens 3
Other Races 186

Liberty University Education Master’s Program

In the 2018-2019 academic year, 1,290 students earned a master's degree in education from Liberty University. About 82% of these graduates were women and the other 18% were men.

Liberty University Gender Breakdown of Education Master's Degree Grads

The majority of the students with this major are white. About 51% of 2019 graduates were in this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Liberty University with a master's in education.

Ethnic Diversity of Education Majors at Liberty University
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 15
Black or African American 209
Hispanic or Latino 56
White 653
Non-Resident Aliens 13
Other Races 344

Education Majors

Education students may decide to major in one of the following focus areas. Individual majors may not be available for all degree levels.

Major Annual Graduates
Teacher Education Grade Specific 941
Special Education 449
Educational Administration 440
Student Counseling 292
Curriculum & Instruction 227
Teacher Education Subject Specific 126
General Education 114
Instructional Media Design 51
Other Education 41
Teaching English or French 25

Majors Similar to Education

Related Major Annual Graduates
Psychology 1,887
Communication & Journalism 342
History 253
Social Sciences 199
Family, Consumer & Human Sciences 105

View All Education Related Majors >

References

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You