Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Sociology at McDaniel College

Find Schools Near

Sociology at McDaniel College

The Sociology major is part of the social sciences program at McDaniel College.

We've pulled together some essential information you should know about the program, including how many students graduate each year, the ethnic diversity of these students, average starting salaries, and more. Also, learn how McDaniel ranks among other schools offering degrees in sociology.

Go directly to any of the following sections:

Sociology Degrees Available at McDaniel

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Sociology

McDaniel Sociology Rankings

The sociology major at McDaniel is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Sociology. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Focused Colleges for Sociology 66
Most Popular Colleges for Sociology 330

Popularity of Sociology at McDaniel

During the 2017-2018 academic year, McDaniel College handed out 35 bachelor's degrees in sociology. Due to this, the school was ranked #330 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is an increase of 46% over the previous year when 24 degrees were handed out.

How Much Do Sociology Graduates from McDaniel Make?

Salary of Sociology Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

The median salary of sociology students who receive their bachelor's degree at McDaniel is $30,800. This is great news for graduates of the program, since this figure is higher than the national average of $29,700 for all sociology bachelor's degree recipients.

undefined

How Much Student Debt Do Sociology Graduates from McDaniel Have?

Student Debt of Sociology Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

While getting their bachelor's degree at McDaniel, sociology students borrow a median amount of $27,000 in student loans. This is higher than the the typical median of $24,466 for all sociology majors across the country.

undefined

The typical student loan payment of a bachelor's degree student from the sociology program at McDaniel is $280 per month.

McDaniel Sociology Students

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the sociology majors at McDaniel College.

McDaniel Sociology Bachelor’s Program

In the 2017-2018 academic year, 35 students earned a bachelor's degree in sociology from McDaniel. About 51% of these graduates were women and the other 49% were men.

McDaniel Gender Breakdown of Sociology Bachelor's Degree Grads

The majority of the students with this major are white. About 54% of 2018 graduates were in this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from McDaniel College with a bachelor's in sociology.

Ethnic Diversity of Sociology Majors at McDaniel College
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 1
Black or African American 5
Hispanic or Latino 4
White 19
Non-Resident Aliens 0
Other Races 6

Areas of Concentration for Sociology

Sociology students may decide to concentrate in one of the following focus areas. Individual focus areas may not be available for all degree levels.

Concentration Annual Graduates
Sociology 35

Related Major Annual Graduates
Political Science & Government 19
Economics 2

View All Sociology Related Majors >

References

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You